Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1152 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

Helpful tips for anyone!

Thread title: Helpful tips for anyone!
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
05-06-2006, 12:58 PM
depthskins is offline depthskins
Expertise:
Software:

depthskins is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to depthskins Send a message via Yahoo to depthskins Send a message via Skype™ to depthskins

Old

Originally Posted by Mickoes
@julian : For the loading time thing I disagree. Almost everyone these days have an high speed conection.But yes, your web site must be at least optimized.

@julian : I've learned alot of techniques by playing in a PSD files wich is not mine.

Please, stop fighting guys.. If you don't like the article then just don't read it. Julian also deserve a big "thanks" because he corrected many statements of the original article. No one said thanks to Ineedalife, he maybe spent around an hour to write this article for you. Anyway, thanks Ineedalife for sharing your knowledge, and thanks Julian for correcting some mistakes in his statements.

Actually, I said thanks . However, can't help to say that everything isn't true but to be honest, I don't expect a business oriented person to know everything about design. I see this article as opinonated rather than facts and in that sense, I appreciate it.

I'm gonna read through the tread for I missed alot but seems that there was serious debate. I'm always up for that..hehehe.

05-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Ineedalife is offline Ineedalife
Software:

Ineedalife is on a distinguished road

Old

You are correct alex, but he was stating that all websites need to be accessible and such, and that we need to build for dial up users and that isn't the case.

05-06-2006, 09:07 PM
depthskins is offline depthskins
Expertise:
Software:

depthskins is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to depthskins Send a message via Yahoo to depthskins Send a message via Skype™ to depthskins

Old

Originally Posted by Ineedalife
You are correct alex, but he was stating that all websites need to be accessible and such, and that we need to build for dial up users and that isn't the case.
Oh really? We don't need to build for dial up users?

Again, i just keep saying this...it would depend on your target audience. If your research shows that your target audience uses dial up, then how can u not design the site with them in mind?

There's no way you can generalize. Take 'nike' for instance...thier target audience are young and most likely to be users of broadband connections since it's the young generation that's mostly affiliate with technology. But let's not even look at age because old folks have even faster connection than me so let's look at class or economic status. If you're a designer in a country like Guyana...there's no way you can ignore dial up users.

So it depends on target audience.

05-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

First and formost, not under any circumstances do you have the right to disrespect Julian, he is a beloved staff member here and has more insight to this and many other fields than most of us combined.

Originally Posted by Ineedalife
They aren't members, nor are they customers. I don't really care about opinions of people who don't even use my site.
Secondly, in response the previous:
Woah there buddy. If you're going to think like that then you will most likely not go anywhere in business. You have to have the mentality that everyone is a potential customer even if they already are one. From there it is how you go about things that will determine your success.

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6