Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1350 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

WP/vB integration of design

Thread title: WP/vB integration of design
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-20-2010, 01:01 PM
AndrewIGO is offline AndrewIGO
Software:

AndrewIGO is on a distinguished road

Old  WP/vB integration of design

Looking for WP/vB integration of the posted design.

01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Job filled.

03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Software:

Old

He contacted me for this job, and said he could do it in under a week. I sent him a $50 dollar deposit. My initial understanding was the WordPress and vBulletin integration would be done in this time, but a lack of communication occurred. He completed the WP integration, and I sent him the full price for that job and told him to keep the $50 dollars towards the next job: skinning the template into vBulletin. After about a week and half of no responses, I emailed him asking what the progress was. He stated he was extremely sick, and that he'd need a copy of vB in order to do it. I admit, I dragged my feet trying to find a copy, but I couldn't find a legal copy so I asked for a refund via email and IM with no responses. After several attempted IM conversations, I decided to open a PayPal investigation in the matter. He responded to that stating he had done a mock-up for the design but just had not coded it to vB, and how he could not refund for work that he had done.

I asked for a mock-up of the design on IM, and received no response. Several hours later, he logged off and I have not seen him on IM in over a week. Considering I'm on 24/7, and he also has my email, I feel this is a lack of communication on his part not mine. The worst part is that if he had shown me a mock-up, I would gladly have dropped this matter as he had actually done the work. But considering I've seen nothing but him take $50 dollars from me for work he's 'claimed' to have done, I feel wronged.

03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

That's unfortunate to hear. Not sure why anyone would take a job knowing full well that they didn't have the resources to get it completed.

Hope we can hear back from Dan on this and when he'll be giving you your rightfully deserved vB integration. Don't need another Anthony on TFL.

03-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Hope we can hear back from Dan
I am sure we will hear his side of the story as well.

03-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Software:

Old

Bit late, but after I publically posted this - I finally got a response from him via IM. He claimed he'd send the mock-up to me via email that day, but never did. Almost two weeks later, he responded to my TFL PM stating he wasn't sure which project I was talking about.

To late to try to get a refund via PayPal, but hopefully others will be weary in transactions with him. Another reason why I hate paying for work upfront, though I understand why most freelancers prefer it.

03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

why has Dan not responded to this post? i have seen him here daily and posting regularly. We don't need these type of people here if we want this site to move forward.

Good luck getting your money back or the work AndrewIGO!

03-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

How odd, Dan has always struck me as one of the more reliable sellers here. If he keeps doing this his iTrader will take a turn for the worse, after seeing this thread I know I wouldn't hire him.

03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
ChrisGwynne is offline ChrisGwynne
Expertise: Development
Software: TextMate, Transmit, Photoshop.

ChrisGwynne is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the heads up.

03-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Honestly seeing as some of you posting here have alternative motives, whatever I say you're going to drag it through the mud... though I'll reply to those who genuinely are interested.

He completed the WP integration, and I sent him the full price for that job and told him to keep the $50 dollars towards the next job: skinning the template into vBulletin. After about a week and half of no responses, I emailed him asking what the progress was.
No Andrew! You were offline for weeks and it were me trying and failing to get in contact with you.

http://danielhellier.com/u/hptbaw.png
http://danielhellier.com/u/jvtfan.png
http://danielhellier.com/u/kkykkb.png

I decided to open a PayPal investigation in the matter. He responded to that stating he had done a mock-up for the design but just had not coded it to vB, and how he could not refund for work that he had done.
Yep. The cheek on you to ask for a refund after I had waited weeks for a response and spent hours revamping the design into a forum.

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
why has Dan not responded to this post?
Dan is a busy man wasn't aware.

Originally Posted by jordon
Not sure why anyone would take a job knowing full well that they didn't have the resources to get it completed
You would be suprised how many times I've intergrated scripts into wrong versions. I now ask clients if they can supply a test copy of said script, which Andrew agreed.

I've already justified myself to paypal in which Andrew responded by closing the investigation. He would not of done this if he felt he was in the right, making this no more then a feibel attempt at wacking my credibility. I have no interest in discussing this further but Andrew, do note;
  • You saw my portfolio. You saw I supply a phone number. You could of called me anytime, so to say I lacked communication is pathetic.
  • You said you would email me the details... you did not, instead I got an email asking for a refund. Extremely rude considering.

~Farewell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >