Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 686 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

I want to start a home based business!

Thread title: I want to start a home based business!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
setin is offline setin
Expertise:
Software:

setin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to setin Send a message via Skype™ to setin

Old

You can do freelance graphic design work.I will help you.If interested then pls mail me then shoot me an email for more information at setinwebdesigner@gmail.com

10-19-2009, 06:57 AM
daniela27 is offline daniela27
Software:

daniela27 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by frenny.gerry View Post
Hi all,
I’m new to this message board. I hope you will suggest me a right direction. Actually I have small budget and want to build a home-based service business at my own place but I am confused, what type of business I should start. Could you people suggest me for any business that could I do well and get more profits? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

First asses what's your expertise and the field of you interest. For example you like writing, outsourcing is the best thing that you can do, look for a client, write for them and if it really works then hire a people for your business.

10-19-2009, 11:50 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Once you've found your idea make sure you register your business. In Australia (most likely everywhere) you're best off being a 'sole trader'. Write up a draft business plan, get some business cards and then virtually away you go.

Make sure you keep your books accurately or otherwise come EOFY you'll have the tax man up your clacker.

Give your taxation dep a call too. In Australia we don't have to charge our compulsary tax (GST) unless we are expecting to turn over 75K in a year.

Good luck on the hunt. Have a browse through this publication as well to make sure you're actually on the right track :/

http://www.stgeorge.com.au/promos/op...ness-guide.pdf

10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
developer_x is offline developer_x
Expertise:
Software:

developer_x is on a distinguished road

Old  An Inspirational Story Forget the Formalities; Find a Problem and Offer a Solution

Let me first tell you an inspirational story.

I know a Sweden-based entrepreneur. He went to Nepal. Started calling up Swedish firms, telling them he and his team makes recycled greeting cards from the waste of Khatmandu (capital of Nepal). The firms that wanted to have a enviroment friendly outlook liked the idea very much and gave orders for buying the cards so that they can send them to their customers on Christmas.

The entrepreneur then demanded an advance payment of 50% from all the interested firms and with that money he set up a paper mill and started converting the waste that was freely available into low-cost greeting cards.

He has done well for himself. He had no visiting cards, no ready products, no office, at all. All he had was a brilliant idea. He found a problem and offered a solution.

His business philosophy is to:

• sell a product before buying it or before investing in creating it
  • not to indugle in activities that bring no revenue. Forget buying a new computer if you have an old one. Don't waste time on buying visiting cards.
  • to be proactive, motivated and innovative

So look around yourself, find a problem, find a solution and start offering it. Do a google search for what kind of success stories are there already of those people who started a home-based business.

There are peopple who use online website to offer:
  • teaching services to an offshore kid/adult
  • graphic design, SEO, e-marketing, web programming
  • copy writing,

I also know:
  • a man who offers cultural integration services to immigrants via email, youtube, phone etc and is sought after highly by both the govermental ministry of integration affairs and by the first and second generation immigrants
  • a girl who has an online website which is a huge success. she offers online english teaching services to students from korea, china and elsewhere online. Infact now she has expanded so much that she has a physical institution both in USA and Korea
  • a friend who has created a software that solves some major problems of affiliate marketers who don't find these features in other softwares

So the opportunities are endless. In fact every single problem is an opportunity.

10-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Alexia H is offline Alexia H
Software:

Alexia H is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi,

You can join cash gifting programs to have your own home based business. Before joining any gifting programs you need to understand how cash gifting programs work.

11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Erick T is offline Erick T
Software:

Erick T is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Alexia H View Post
Hi,

You can join cash gifting programs to have your own home based business. Before joining any gifting programs you need to understand how cash gifting programs work.
Thanks for the share.

The great secret to success in cash gifting is having the right system and a good 'Mentor' and team to support and help you towards your own success.

11-02-2009, 09:20 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by Erick T View Post
Thanks for the share.

The great secret to success in cash gifting is having the right system and a good 'Mentor' and team to support and help you towards your own success.
Just curious, but, do you even know what you're talking about though? Just wondering...

11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

Initially dont expect much revenue/there wont be any revenue.. after few months you can make good amount.

11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
mrgilb is offline mrgilb
Software:

mrgilb is on a distinguished road

Old

Yea I know it's not easy starting out but hang in there and stick to you guns and you will get there.

11-11-2009, 04:52 AM
leunamezurc is offline leunamezurc
Expertise: article writing
Software: MS Word, Notepad, Google

leunamezurc is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to leunamezurc Send a message via Skype™ to leunamezurc

Old

starting out a home based business will take as least 6-8 months before you can see some results... if you think you motivation, commitment and hardwork can lead you through those 6-8 frustrating months then you'll be 100% successful

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >