Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1220 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Questions from someone new to the Business.

Thread title: Questions from someone new to the Business.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
07-29-2011, 06:34 PM
YogiKB is offline YogiKB
Expertise:
Software:

YogiKB is on a distinguished road

Old

Great idea, thanks!

Speaking from my inexperience, I haven't done much with setting up store fronts / market places on websites for selling items, do you have any recommendations for what to use with wordpress?

08-01-2011, 04:55 PM
vivaan is offline vivaan
Software:

vivaan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to vivaan

Old

Originally Posted by YogiKB View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been doing websites for myself and others (unpaid) and wish to start designing as a profession. Had some questions.

1) Quotes. I plan to quote, I see people have different opinions on this. My plan is to get a very specific website design agreed upon, which I will quote. Any additional work requested that is outside the scope of the agreement will be billed by an hourly rate. This is mentioned in the contract. I think that'd work to prevent scope creep?
This is certainly a great idea, you shoudl take it up as a full time job, it is one of the finest things to do sitting at the comfort of your home

2) Would it be possible to post the contract I have for feedback? It is 6 pages in word, I found it online, and made a few modifications.
Didnt really get whjat you are trying to say here? could you rephrase it?

3) My flat hourly rate is going to be 50 US Dollars, I believe that is a fair rate for someone just "starting" out, correct?
Yep anything between $35 -50 is decent, if you have some example of your work make a site and post everything there

4) Could I even post my website for feedback?
Yes you can, certainly

5) Any recommendations on good places to find work? I design in wordpress, not very good with graphics, but can also design in PHP, Html, and CSS (if someone wishes to have a simple website, with little bells and whistles).

Much thanks.
Try searching for work at Elance, it is one the best places to search for jobs

08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
YogiKB is offline YogiKB
Expertise:
Software:

YogiKB is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks vivaan. Further down in the thread, I think I answered your questions. I was asking about posting the contract for feedback, and I also did post my website.

Not sure if my samples are good enough.. not very fancy graphic wise.

09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
vivaan is offline vivaan
Software:

vivaan is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to vivaan

Old

Originally Posted by YogiKB View Post
Thanks vivaan. Further down in the thread, I think I answered your questions. I was asking about posting the contract for feedback, and I also did post my website.

Not sure if my samples are good enough.. not very fancy graphic wise.
Ohh.. i am sorry i missed your reply part! i think the site is excellent and the samples are awesome.. just go with it, i am sure in a little time you will understand the trick of the game yourself!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2