Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1329 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire :

Freelance Interactive Programmer Needed

Thread title: Freelance Interactive Programmer Needed
Closed Thread    
01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
abauer is offline abauer
Expertise:
Software:

abauer is on a distinguished road

Old  Freelance Interactive Programmer Needed

Job Details:
Company: Shaw Phillips Learning Associates, Inc.
Job Level: Freelancer
Field: Interactive Programming
Job Functions: Flash ActionScript 2.0, PHP, MySQL, XML (Back-end Database)

Description:

We are looking for a Senior Programmer to work on our existing web-based user interface. He/She is an authority in User Interface and User Experience within the context of application development, specifically Flash Design/Development for our interactive product.

A Senior Programmer translates requirements into detailed application specifications using best practices such as object-oriented design and a sound knowledge of the software design lifecycle. He/she may be responsible for some Flash layout controls, interactions, and animation of user interfaces.

In addition to these responsibilities, the Senior Programmer will provide solution, application, and/or services architecture recommendations.

The Senior Programmer may also provide technical guidance during any future design process, not only bringing awareness to constraints, but also applying their creative thinking and problem solving abilities to create opportunities for innovation.

To be considered, candidates must demonstrate user interface and/or application development expertise and have professional experience delivering a commercial release in the following domains/technologies:

Web Applications, Adobe Flash, MySQL and PHP. Bonus: (X)HTML/CSS/JavaScript and Apache

Experience with rich user interfaces, object-oriented design, data modeling, application development, and taking projects through an entire software release lifecycle is preferred. Ideal candidates will also have a portfolio of their recent work history showcasing successful software releases (particularly those which used Flash driven development) and demonstrate a passion for current technology trends and best practices.

Bachelors degree in graphic/interactive design or equal experience is required.

You can see our product online at www.ICanWriteOnline.com.

Specific Skills:
• 4-6+ years of professional experience designing and developing web-based applications with rich user interfaces in Flash.
• Expert-level implementation skills of the technologies listed above
• XML/external and/or PHP/external dynamic data integration
• Up to date with latest technologies and innovative solutions to problems
• Strong debugging and optimization abilities
• Convincingly generate substantiated strategic technology and architecture recommendations
• Ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle
• Willingness to define and document best practices and contribute to knowledge sharing efforts
• Experience translating requirements into object-oriented applications or dynamic websites

Apply:
Please send your CV, resume and a link to your online portfolio.
Mary Phillips
Mpinga (at) mac (dot) com
http://www.icanwriteonline.com/teachers/contact/
www.IcanWriteOnline.com

01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
abauer is offline abauer
Expertise:
Software:

abauer is on a distinguished road

Old

I was recently asked these questions and I wanted to acknowledge them here too. Is this a permanent position at the company?..or a short term freelance position? And if so,... how long do they require the position/term to be needing services?

This is not a permanent position. It's a freelance position that is considered "short term" in the freelance industry but may run continuous for years.

I'm posting this on behalf of the company. I am their freelance designer and they're looking for a programmer to work in the same way that I work with them.

I'm on retainer. They call me when they need something. I give them an estimate of cost for the work needed done. They approve the estimate and pay 50% deposit. I do the work and they pay the remaining balance. They're excellent people to work for.

Currently their old programmer bailed out on them. They need someone to fix some immediate issues and then be available for maintenance. They are also in the process of developing similar interactive web content for different age groups of children.

Please feel free to call Mary anytime for further information.

Mary D. Phillips, Ed.D.
678-546-6952
770-831-5501

Closed Thread