Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 860 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Ecommerce World :

Paypal dispute issue?

Thread title: Paypal dispute issue?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Ali22 is offline Ali22
Software:

Ali22 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
Sellers of digitally delivered goods on Paypal generally have no seller protection. All one has to do is file a dispute with with their credit card (if that's how they paid) and it will 99.9% of the time be ruled in their favor and to add insult to injury, when this does occur, Paypal will charge you a $10 fee. The only real way to protect yourself from this is to send a hard copy of what you sell via certified mail so they buyer has to sign for it and also set your preferences to only accept payment from those with confirmed addresses with Paypal. Take this advice from someone who has been dealing with this crap for years and has lost more money than I care to admit because of it
So webdesigners who sell their layouts and receive money via paypal really have no protection?

That is the crappiest crap ever. It's completely unfair, anyone could do it then.

But I think you're missing one thing...on paypal it says that they can't file a dispute for intangible services, and that is what I gave.

Anyway I don't think he paid with his credit card, at least hopefully not.
I've contacted paypal and gave them all the information and im just waiting for them to get back to me