Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 747 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

PHP Coder Needed!

Thread title: PHP Coder Needed!
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Nikola is offline Nikola
Expertise:
Software:

Nikola is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Nikola Send a message via MSN to Nikola

Old

It is closed for now. But the current bid is 5 sorry.

08-27-2007, 06:42 PM
masfenix is offline masfenix
Expertise:
Software:

masfenix has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to masfenix

Old

i know you want php but i've already built a image upload script with progress bar, but its in asp.net. let me know if you want it. (remember asp.net)

08-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Nikola is offline Nikola
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Im getting a file upload not image upload. Please read my posts.

08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
Im getting a file upload not image upload. Please read my posts.
Image upload and file upload are the difference of a few lines of code, if that.

08-27-2007, 07:20 PM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

Okay this is getting annoying. If someone offers xhtml / css coding for 20 they are called unprofessional and they cannot code properly. I had this template coded for 20 USD. Now tell me what the difference is between this 20 USD code job and yours.

http://www.mediaraze.com/portfolio/boxed/
Sorry but you may have paid $20 for that xhtml / css coding there, but its like this, the more you pay the better quality it will be. For example, you pay $150 for a pushbike, then you see one for $1500, you dont know the difference until you investigate further. The parts of the bike are better quality, and at higher standard. So basically, its a "you get what you pay for scheme". And i'm not putting the coder of whoever it was who coded that for you, but its the not the best, anyone here can tell you that.

Programmers / Scripters, set their own rate, per project or per hour. Someone who has had 30 years of coding experience and charges $150 an hour, compared to someone who has 4 years experience and charges $50 an hour, who are you going to go with? Obviously the cheapest as the majority of idiotic people do, but his or her standards/skills/assets/timeframe etc may be no where near as good quality compared to what the higher pricing programmer will be.

In most cases, the more you pay the better standard and outcome of the product you will get.

The same goes for the php code. I hired a professional php coder and just because his prices are lower does not mean you are at all or anywhere near better than him. So no offense but everyone needs to stop all of this "Unprofessional" talk just because you want to make more money of off your code and are afraid that someone that can code just as well as you will make your incredibly high prices make people realize that they are just that. Im seeing xhtml / css coding for 100 and 30 for any other pages... simply pathetic. everybody needs to stop sugar coating there work.
Dont want to sound harsh but who are you to say that? You are the one that needs to realise or actually do this...

- Goto a local web design / development company/agency, and ask them for a quote to code in valid xhtml/css and show them a stupidly simple design. Without a doubt, they will charge you a minimum of double of what us freelancers charge.

- Don't just look for the cheapest person to do the job for you, once again without a doubt they are inexperienced, uneducated or just simply will do anything for a buck.

- Freelancers / Companies / Agencies etc, set there own charge. If you actually do your chuffing research, you will see that a not very respected/popular company may charge more than what a highly respected/popular company does. Same as for freelancers!

- I may not be getting the exact point across to your skull, but it is you not us who need to the realising. We set our price, not you! It is up to you who you choose, and your fault if anything goes wrong or unexpected things happen to your cheap product.

- You also need to realise that a number of people and respected people on this forum will guarantee good quality products from other people. If you read on the first page, WildHoney recommended VillageIdiot. Wildhoney himself is a great and very well educated programmer, and getting that sort of recommendation is rare. But to say what you said above, just shows the stupidity that humanity really has.

08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
masfenix is offline masfenix
Expertise:
Software:

masfenix has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to masfenix

Old

^ I bet if I had a contest with a professional coder who charged $50 for a script, adn i charged $5, my script would be as accurate and secure as the $50 one.
the difference is I dont have a house to pay for, i dont have bills, etc, so i dont find it neccessary to charge that much.

but everyone to there own opinions.

08-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Nikola is offline Nikola
Expertise:
Software:

Old

[QUOTE=iamAdam;382557]Sorry but you may have paid $20 for that xhtml / css coding there, but its like this, the more you pay the better quality it will be. For example, you pay $150 for a pushbike, then you see one for $1500, you dont know the difference until you investigate further. The parts of the bike are better quality, and at higher standard. So basically, its a "you get what you pay for scheme". And i'm not putting the coder of whoever it was who coded that for you, but its the not the best, anyone here can tell you that.

Programmers / Scripters, set their own rate, per project or per hour. Someone who has had 30 years of coding experience and charges $150 an hour, compared to someone who has 4 years experience and charges $50 an hour, who are you going to go with? Obviously the cheapest as the majority of idiotic people do, but his or her standards/skills/assets/timeframe etc may be no where near as good quality compared to what the higher pricing programmer will be.

In most cases, the more you pay the better standard and outcome of the product you will get.

Heres an idea, stop beating around the bush and answer my question. What difference does the template i showed you have to with the ones that charge 100 USD?

08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

Thread closed. He stated that he is no longer looking, this is not a thread to dispute prices.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2