Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1449 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Selling TF and The Future

Thread title: Selling TF and The Future
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Randy View Post
While the fact that you took the userbase bothers me I do understand why you did it. I will for sure head over there myself for SEM and SEO purposes and stick around here for design.

Cheers,
Randy
Well, I'll try and come up with a solution. I'd like to make it so people can keep their iTrader etc, as I'm sure anyone going to SSS would appreciate, along with all their login details and other stuff. However, I appreciate that some people are not interested in SEO at all - I'm not really sure why this is as I see SEO as integral to the success of any thing you want to do on the web.

10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
silent1643 is offline silent1643
Software:

silent1643 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
Well, I'll try and come up with a solution. I'd like to make it so people can keep their iTrader etc, as I'm sure anyone going to SSS would appreciate, along with all their login details and other stuff. However, I appreciate that some people are not interested in SEO at all - I'm not really sure why this is as I see SEO as integral to the success of any thing you want to do on the web.
why not integrate seo forum into tf's current design?

10-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
why not integrate seo forum into tf's current design?
This was my original plan. But I realised that while a lot of members are interested in SEO, most aren't and are just interested in design. I think it would piss most members off if SEO/SEM were more prominant, and I don't want to do that.

10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Software:

Old

This was my original plan. But I realised that while a lot of members are interested in SEO, most aren't and are just interested in design. I think it would piss most members off if SEO/SEM were more prominant, and I don't want to do that.
understand - my thoughts were to basically have the look and feel of two forums but running on the same db if possible

design and implementation - use current tf theme - when user clicks on the design and implementation forum they only see the current tf forum categories

seo and sem - use current tf theme but with different color scheme - when user clicks on seo and sem forum they only see the seo/sem categories

just my .02 - im sure you will find a solution that works for you

10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

To me I can understand your logic and reasoning Zee, and to be frank it is your database and membership to do what you want with it. Will i visit the new site? no. Why? Not because I am mad but more so because it doesnt have anything to do with me or what I am online. I design sites, I don't do SEM or SEO.

However I do feel somewhat that it should be more of a choice for each TFL user to have a 1 click account transfer or delete button to that site that way they can decide if they want to visit or help you out. I really think starting ground up would be better.

10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
understand - my thoughts were to basically have the look and feel of two forums but running on the same db if possible

design and implementation - use current tf theme - when user clicks on the design and implementation forum they only see the current tf forum categories

seo and sem - use current tf theme but with different color scheme - when user clicks on seo and sem forum they only see the seo/sem categories

just my .02 - im sure you will find a solution that works for you
Yes this was my original thoughts and yes it is possible and people do do it a lot. This is why I'm a little suprised by some peoples negative attitude that their details are on the new forum, as I don't see much difference (and users couldn't actually tell any difference) between it running from the same DB and or different DB's, and it would just be like another major section of TF under a different design - much like loads of forums have.

The main issue with this though is that it doesn't resolve the issue that TF really needs a dedicated leader with time. I can't provide that and I think TF users would be better to have someone who does.

To me I can understand your logic and reasoning Zee, and to be frank it is your database and membership to do what you want with it. Will i visit the new site? no. Why? Not because I am mad but more so because it doesnt have anything to do with me or what I am online. I design sites, I don't do SEM or SEO.

However I do feel somewhat that it should be more of a choice for each TFL user to have a 1 click account transfer or delete button to that site that way they can decide if they want to visit or help you out. I really think starting ground up would be better.
Yes of course that's fine, and that was what I was assuming most peoples reaction was going to be. I'm looking into the one click thing at the moment, and I'll probably only keep a small sample of posts on the forum just to make it not seem completely empty.

10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Software:

Old

Yes this was my original thoughts and yes it is possible and people do do it a lot. This is why I'm a little suprised by some peoples negative attitude that their details are on the new forum, as I don't see much difference (and users couldn't actually tell any difference) between it running from the same DB and or different DB's, and it would just be like another major section of TF under a different design - much like loads of forums have.
understand - i think the problem lies in that it is a separate domain and would be marketed as a separate site - ie i registered on talkfreelance.com but i didn't register on the other - ie i posted a topic on talkfreelance.com but i didn't on the other

10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

How you think duplicating all content to a new website is going to help in any relations to search engines is beyond me. (:

You should be aware it'll pretty much cripple that domain from ever getting good rankings.

10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
AndyR is offline AndyR
Expertise:
Software:

AndyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyR

Old

I for one won't visit the new site. That's totally unethical and pointless copying the database from talkfreelance over to the new site... that's like selling facebook.com, but releasing a new social network with the same database as facebook.

I doubt you'll have many offers for this site if it's database is not unique.

10-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
How you think duplicating all content to a new website is going to help in any relations to search engines is beyond me. (:

You should be aware it'll pretty much cripple that domain from ever getting good rankings.
As I have already said, almost all the posts will be culled for starters.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >