Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 990 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum :

GasMoney Blog - 150$ Design Contest - 14 days! Join in!

Thread title: GasMoney Blog - 150$ Design Contest - 14 days! Join in!

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 10 11 12 13 14
11-12-2007, 11:42 PM
SteveAR is offline SteveAR
Software:

SteveAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to SteveAR Send a message via MSN to SteveAR Send a message via Skype™ to SteveAR

Old

Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
SteveAR, if you want the talent to enter, offer more money.

$100 is peanuts
i got my theme on gasmoney.net made for 100. but there wont be a next time. ill just use the regular forum i usually do these at.

11-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Like I said, if you want talent $100 will not cut it in the slightest. The current theme could be thrown together in 10 minutes.

Or is it that you already had that theme made before this contest was over, and decided not to choose a winner out of pure rudeness and disregard for the rules? Regardless of whether Bazza gave you permission, it's still a bit corrupt. The entrants should be compensated.

Just my opinions.

11-12-2007, 11:50 PM
SteveAR is offline SteveAR
Software:

SteveAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to SteveAR Send a message via MSN to SteveAR Send a message via Skype™ to SteveAR

Old

Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Like I said, if you want talent $100 will not cut it in the slightest. The current theme could be thrown together in 10 minutes.

Or is it that you already had that theme made before this contest was over, and decided not to choose a winner out of pure rudeness and disregard for the rules? Regardless of whether Bazza gave you permission, it's still a bit corrupt. The entrants should be compensated.

Just my opinions.
i was planning on picking a winner. thats why i kept asking people to join in and kept trying to see previews. i'm not worried about a measly 100 bucks. i just need a good design. i didn't see a point in waisting the money on something i don't like. and i like the way you said the people that entered don't have talent. now who's being rude?

and im good. no more contest coming from me. im done with explaining why and this thread can be closed.

11-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

I never once said people here didn't have talent, I'm saying that you can't expect talent for a "measly $100". You're lucky people entered offering that sort of money. I don't see how I was being rude at all.

Best of luck with your website.

11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

Thread closed as per request of thread creator.

11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by slavingia View Post
Not if he permission from an admin.

The only one who should get in trouble is Bazza for not telling the contest participants about the modified rule.

It does say in the rules that contests can be canceled.

First of all I'd just like to say I had spoke to Steve before the deadline as he was worried about the low number of entrants. I said to him that in cases where the staff believe there to have not been a sufficient amount of entries by the deadline then the contest can be canceled. Although I didn't speak with Steve or the staff after the deadline, I guess Steve had already made his mind up.

What can we do? We can't force people to buy something they don't want and at the same time we can't protect the members who have entered - thats the thing about contests.

Contests at TF used to be brilliant, I used to love entering them and thats why about a year a go I tried to add a bit of life back into the contests section but it just never worked. Contests aren't as popular as they were 3-4 years a go and for the most part people who do want a contest will go to SitePoint where they don't have to pick a winner regardless of how many entries they get which is another reason why TF's latest contests have all been disappointments.

To be perfectly blunt TF doesn't have the demand for contests anymore and we can't sustain them. We are talking over a few things in the staff forum about the Contests Forum and the Market Place in general and it is highly probable that we will soon lose the Contests Forum altogether which will be a massive shame as it was once a great part of TF's history but it's clearly not a part of TF's future, or it's present.

It's such a shame the contests forum has gone this way but it has been pretty isolated for a year or two now and the latest contests have shown that we can't sustain it and for our members sake it's not worth us trying to keep it going.

I probably shouldn't have brought that into this thread but there you go I thought I'd let you know what we are thinking, the contests forum has become a wash out and that pretty much sums it up

PS. Sorry to the people who did enter this contest, your time and efforts are appreciated I'm sure even if a winner wasn't chosen.

11-13-2007, 03:11 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Also please note than SteveAR's suspension is not because of this contest.

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 10 11 12 13 14