Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 973 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

My work

Thread title: My work
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
11-29-2005, 01:51 AM
xZaft is offline xZaft
Expertise:
Software:

xZaft is on a distinguished road

Old

RespectFirst, you are truely great. I like how the older women was stuck in there. I didn't even see that it was put in, until I read Robson's post.

11-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Respectfirst is offline Respectfirst
Software:

Respectfirst is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
Out of interest, is the person on the right her mother who passed away before she could see her daughter get married?
You got it right; the mother had died five years before her daughters wedding. I had taken one of her mother’s wedding photos and layered it over and did some blending, however I never got the chance to completely finish the photo. Good Job! I have shown this photo a lot in the past, I just wonder if by chance you saw some of my work some place else.

11-29-2005, 01:57 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I've never seen that photo before in my life....I thought it was pretty obvious actually, Did anyone else think that? I think you did a really good job and I agree with almost everything you say

11-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Software:

Old

Here are two photos that I did for a friend of mine that is mostly composed of many layers. The first one is really my favorite, I just like the way it looked in the end. The second photo was really just me seeing how far I could go with the photo, and even though it isn’t that great it looked pretty cool to the owner of the car.

11-29-2005, 05:06 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by xZaft
RespectFirst, you are truely great. I like how the older women was stuck in there. I didn't even see that it was put in, until I read Robson's post.
Well Thank You very much.!

11-29-2005, 05:07 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I've never seen that photo before in my life....I thought it was pretty obvious actually, Did anyone else think that? I think you did a really good job and I agree with almost everything you say
I think it was cool how you picked that out like that, most people have other thoughts about the photo, but thank you for your reply.

11-29-2005, 11:27 PM
echoSwe is offline echoSwe
Software:

echoSwe is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello RespectFirst...

The first photo is alright, but it's manipulated in a very normal/ordinary/common fasion so I kinda had the same thought as Dreshaj, although I wouldn't go as far as calling it "the smallest crap"... It's ok, but nothing special. One adjustment layer with a layer mask on it, and it's done...

The other pictures aren't very great either - the tree-thingy is a very known photo from Windows, isn't it? I've also seen it in a chemistry book with much larger resolution and zoom. The car just doesn't fit there.

The wedding photo is inheritly more interesting since it's of people, but I don't think it's good - you could have used some curves or levels on the daughter-picture and perhaps even the dodge tool.

In both the wedding and car photo the light is comming from the wrong direction which immediately makes it obvious that it's a montage...

There are a couple of styles you could give to these types of images - grunge/anarkism/monochromatic-coloured or modern/stylish or ... etc, but the pictures you've taken fit in the category "obvious photoshop-work"...

11-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by echoSwe
Hello RespectFirst...

The first photo is alright, but it's manipulated in a very normal/ordinary/common fasion so I kinda had the same thought as Dreshaj, although I wouldn't go as far as calling it "the smallest crap"... It's ok, but nothing special. One adjustment layer with a layer mask on it, and it's done...

The other pictures aren't very great either - the tree-thingy is a very known photo from Windows, isn't it? I've also seen it in a chemistry book with much larger resolution and zoom. The car just doesn't fit there.

The wedding photo is inheritly more interesting since it's of people, but I don't think it's good - you could have used some curves or levels on the daughter-picture and perhaps even the dodge tool.

In both the wedding and car photo the light is comming from the wrong direction which immediately makes it obvious that it's a montage...

There are a couple of styles you could give to these types of images - grunge/anarkism/monochromatic-coloured or modern/stylish or ... etc, but the pictures you've taken fit in the category "obvious photoshop-work"...
Thank you so much for you kind words and I am happy you liked what I done, every word of your post was truly a compliment to me, and it really showed me how much you recognized good work when you see it. Thanks once again for the best reply yet.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3