Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1231 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

VB Coding - Skin updates

Thread title: VB Coding - Skin updates
Closed Thread    
08-10-2006, 04:13 PM
NetAtom is offline NetAtom
Software:

NetAtom is on a distinguished road

Old  VB Coding - Skin updates

Hello TF,

I have a lot of skins I need to update to VB 3.6 and I want to get them updated ASAP, so I would love if anyone could help me who knows their way around vbulletin.

Pay is based on what you want to get the job done perfectly.

VB has a built in DIFF system. That is, you can compare old templates with new and it highlights changes and additions. Not too many know about this, and thats alright. I have made some detailed notes on what needs to be updated in what template BUT these are just guidelines. Every skin is different and you will need to use the DIFF system to make sure your are making the right changes. I would guess there's about 30 changes that need to be made in every skin manually. The rest of the templates get updated automatically when they are imported. Another guess is that it takes about an hour-hour/half per skin. Thats how long it takes me on average.

I need to know what experience you have had coding VB skins if you are interested and when you can start and how much you are looking for. If interested, please reply to thread, PM, or MSN: netatom_person@hotmail.com (dont email that address, its not a working account).

Thanks!

08-10-2006, 06:12 PM
python is offline python
Expertise:
Software:

python is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to python Send a message via MSN to python

Old

I can do this for you, for $40 per skin..

Thanks,
Paul

08-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Edder is offline Edder
Expertise:
Software:

Edder is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi David,

I'm very familiar with the vBulletin template system as I run a few vBulletin boards myself.

I also started up VBMode not too long ago, so naturally I'm facing the same issue as you.

When 3.6 went gold, I immediately upgraded two of my boards from version 3.5.4 and worked out all of the conflicting template entries.

http://www.actorsforum.com/ (both fluid and fixed styles)
http://www.desktopforums.com/ (both fluid and fixed styles)

I believe I can get the job done! We can discuss payment and other miscellaneous items over MSN is that's okay with you.

Regards,
Edwin.

Closed Thread