Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 777 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Word of advice

Thread title: Word of advice
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
11-27-2006, 03:40 AM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

If that's when the site went down ^^ I can understand why you're not happy.

11-27-2006, 04:07 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Ok, let's get something straight first of all...

I will clearly say that Media Temple and Brius are not on the same level. I know that as much as the guy next to me knows that. We aren't claiming to be on the same level as Media Temple, and though we strive to excel like they do, there is only so much that both Dave and I can accomplish - and between two individuals, its very difficult. We do what we can. Unfortunately there will always be people unhappy with a service, and we realize that - we just try to minimize it. Of course, there is no one else to blame for this problem other then ourselves, so rather then trying to place the blame on someone, let me try to rectify this, and allow you guys to hear from our position....

With that being said...

Zune info's bandwith was checked upon, and closely watched by the client's request. Dave watched it personally, and unfortunately, I wasn't informed about it - it was a small mis understanding that slipped between Dave and I. He left town to celebrate Thanksgiving, and I was busy celebrating it with my own family. If you look, he hits his bandwith limit probably the night before, or on Thanksgiving eve - the night I'm sure everyone was celebrating. As a matter of fact, Dave was out at a nursing home contributing his time there.

Zune info, as many as you guys can see, quickly out grew its package. We can only do so much when a client outgrows what they've paid for. Try hitting the limit on any host, and see what happens - your account gets suspended until the next roll over month. Though we did say that we would monitor it, which we did, and handle it as quickly as possible, it was just unfortunate that he hit his limit around Thanksgiving.

Media Temple wouldn't have let this happen - I understand that. That is also why they have about 50 employees working around the clock. Kudos to them. If that's what you're looking for, then go for it. You do get what you pay for. We're trying to provide the most efficient service while remaining affordable. We're more on a personal level. How many of you know a Media Temple technician that you can bother any time of day? How many Media Temple technicians know what sites you run, what sort of features you need, and even how you're own business is doing? I'm sure that number is low.

And now let's talk about something else. He approached me Friday, when I was out of town, after Thanksgiving, requesting that I upgrade his bandwith account. He said that he had already made his decision and that within 24 hours he was going to leave to go to Media Temple. Now, from a business perspective, you're losing a client - why should you add some more things to his hosting account that he hasn't paid for? Makes no sense right?

Well - I upgraded his account anyways, adding 5 GB of BW to his site. I told him this was all I could give him if he wasn't going to pay. If it wasn't, then there is nothing I can do unless he paid. I said that should be enough to last you the next 24 hours, but if he doesn't pay or leave within the next 72 hours, then I would need to take it down as I can't give anyone a free ride. He agreed. I upgraded, said my goodbyes, made sure everything was okay, and then left.

I don't appreciate being called a liar, or even being hinted as a liar. I take my dignity and reputation very seriously, and when someone decides to jump to conclusions on their behalf, then that is wrong.

We handled the situation as best we could from what we could do. Unfortunately, we don't have 50 employees. We don't have around the clock phone lines. We are not perfect. Dave and I have never claimed to have any of this. We do celebrate our national holidays. Sometimes we do make human mistakes. I wish that we wouldn't, but I'm just like everyone else, and so is Dave.

I'm sorry that there is an unhappy client. The circumstances, as you guys can see, were a bit out of the norm - we did what we could, when we could do it, but unfortunately the damage had already been caused.

We lost a client - is there anything else that needs to be discussed? We've got many other people who are happy with our response time, as well as the way we've handled their account. We have people who are happy with the way we know them personally, and how we do everything we can to help.

Let's be a bit more realistic.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3