Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 599 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

reseller..

Thread title: reseller..
Closed Thread    
03-24-2005, 03:32 AM
1901gt is offline 1901gt
Expertise: Web Design, XHTML/CSS
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator

1901gt is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  reseller..

I would like to start a small webhosting business (reseller) as it'll be easier for my clients.. how to start doing that ??

03-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

Find a good reseller, maybe mediacatch.com. Start reselling it to people once you make up some plans and a decent layout, etc.

03-24-2005, 04:26 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I would definitly draw up a business plan first.

Who is your target audience? Will you be targeting the lower end of the market or not? Who is your potential customer? Where do these people exist? Online/Offline?

I would research around at the various reseller packages available, don't go with a host because they're cheap! I recommend www.site5.com, www.unitedhosting.co.uk and www.surfspeedy.com for value/performance.

You will need a decent design, invest some money into a quality website design, including integration of some scripts if needed (billing management etc) Don't think the design is the least important, it's probably the most important! You need to create a brand for yourself, an identity and a professional image! Stay clear of templates, hire someone who can do you justice. I would recommend www.4design.tv for a hosting solution.

With your business plan, hosting account and site design you're ready to go! I would start by trying to get a few friends to host with you (perhaps offer them special deal) or try and get one customer (even if you give them hosting for a very low price or free) make them very happy and they will refer others! Don't waste money straight away into banner adverts on large sites/forums, without an established name it won't be worth the risk.

With a solid business plan, decent and reliable reseller account, professional image and smart marketing sense you won't go far wrong!

03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Cats-Computing is offline Cats-Computing
Expertise:
Software:

Cats-Computing is on a distinguished road

Old

I have been hearing bad things about surfspeedy lately, haven't hosted with them personally though.

Billing management - as robson said very important. I would say the most important, it is better to spend the money on one now then trying to import it all later when you have many clients. Automation can be risky, but may bring in the extra clients.

03-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old

Man take my little advice.. if you are realy want to make money online, never think about hosting company unless you have the time and effort to support your customers and the money to invest on marketing your site as well. There are tons of hosting companies now and people started to look for the best ones. So if you are sure about this go ahead and do it, if not, just think about other ideas.

Good luck man

03-26-2005, 10:58 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, Nofan makes a good point. It's not a business you can run on the side, it's a full time commitment, a lifestyle. You need alot of investmenr upfront (servers, marketing, software etc) and you may not even see a return for several years! I know surfspeedy aren't actually making profit "yet". As for bad things, there are bad things about all companies, the bigger you are and the more exposure you get then the more complaints and unhappy people it will bring. I personally know Steve (owner of surfspeedy) and he dedicates his life to the company and is a very educated individual.

03-26-2005, 05:55 PM
afgmail is offline afgmail
Software:

afgmail is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with Robson and Nofan, I have used VPSColo and worked out fine.
The setup is kind of tricky but they have good support.
Hope this helps...

Closed Thread