Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1469 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

How do you manage your clients?

Thread title: How do you manage your clients?
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
vhubuo is offline vhubuo
Software:

vhubuo is on a distinguished road

Old  How do you manage your clients?

Hi, community!

I have a small online business and my number of clients continue to grow, so I want to manage them. I want to know what products I've sold to each client, what a problem I had with client, some other data...

So I wander how other people manage their clients. Maybe there are some programs that you use, or something else?

P.S. Excel is not the answer that I'm looking for ...

02-22-2010, 03:42 AM
michealwan is offline michealwan
Software:

michealwan is on a distinguished road

Old

Managing client expectations is one of the most difficult - and often frustrating - aspects of the financial planning business. Although many clients can be quite reasonable when they lose money in their investments, there will invariably be a few who are determined to vent their frustrations at you, either via telephone, correspondence or in person. However, there are a number of things that advisors can do to help prevent most of these outbursts - and that's by helping clients create expectations within the bounds of reality. It sounds almost too simple, but when clients are better educated about what they can expect from their investments - and their relationship with their financial planners - they are less likely to be outraged by things that are beyond the planner's control.

02-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Vhubuo

There are *many* programs out there to help you manage your clients and prospective clients. The best place to start is to make a ranked list of what this program should help you do.

What are most important, what (in your opinon) will become important
in the next 12-18 months, and what would be nice but really isn't
necessary?

You may want to explore online to see what existing programs promise as you compile this list. But once you have your list together, go back and explore the possibilities more thoroughly. This is the point where you should be asking others for their opinions--nobody's business is exactly like yours and what appeals to one person won't necessarily be right for others.

SL
(As an example: I use a personally-reworked version of a standard "client contact" database--this seems to give me the all flexibility that I need right now but I chose it because it won't be difficult to move to another system when it ceases to work well, or when I turn this part of my business over to someone else.)

Here's where you start:

02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
james786 is offline james786
Software:

james786 is on a distinguished road

Old

michelwan and lowengard gave the good solution i am newbie around here, so i ahve no more knowledhe about this field when i saw this thread out side in the post i thought i can get good information from here.