Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2334 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

A picture says a thousand words

Thread title: A picture says a thousand words

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
theevans716 is offline theevans716
Software:

theevans716 is on a distinguished road

Old  A picture says a thousand words

I have been doing graphic design for about a year now (8 if you include my hobby years). I wanted to share some thoughts.

A picture says a thousand words. Every design needs some picture that gives an emotion. Lets think of this...if you see a real estate agent with their picture on a flyer what emotional connection do you get?

None unless you are attracted to them. Now lets put a picture of the agent next to a happy couple in front of a sold sign. Your emotion becomes one of "I could be happy in a new home and that agent can help!".

You can have a line of text with no picture and it will do a great job if it is worded right. Lets say you have a line of text saying "Each day a child is killed by their parent...call 555-555-5555 to help it stop". It gives you an emotion and call to action. It is great. Now lets add a picture of a hurt child in fear. See how strong adding an image can be?