Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1153 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc

Thread title: Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  Talkfreelance Pre-Sale Stats etc

I'm not posting this in the consortium thread, as that seems to have gone enough off topic as it is!

To answer a few common questions that are being asked in that thread and via PM:

1/. Until I have fully worked out the in's and out's of the sale, and made them public in a seperate detailed thread, then I am not interested in recieving offers.

2/. I have no specific figure in mind that I am looking to obtain from the forum. I am of the opinion that something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so that my figure - IE it will go to open auction.

3/. The auction will be well publicised and I have no doubt will generate a lot of interest. Is it will be well publicised, this should provide a good boost to fourm members and activity - giving the boost that TF members would like, and at the same time, providing an added bonus to who buys the site.

4/. I'm holding back slightly on the exact sale details as it is going to be tied into something else I am currently working on. This is underwraps at the moment, and is pretty intricate - but again will make a lot of noise around the sale, and provide a further boost to TF activity and membership. This is something I have been working on for the past few days and before its all worked out there will be no further details on the sale - no matter how much you try and get info out of me When you finally see the details of this you will understand why.

5/. I will do everything I can to ensure that the new owner knows what he/she/they are doing, retains current staff and will be the person to take this forum where I have been unable to and all TF member want it to go.

6/. The www.semseosalad.com forum is now completely original content. The DB of users is maintained, for the many reasons I have previously posted about. Anyone can quickly login there (using your TF user / pass) and change their email address to a duff email, or click on "no emails from admin" etc and your account, and you'll never hear another peep out of it. There are a number of TF members now active there and anyone else interested in SEO etc is welcome. If your not, and I get the feeling most aren't then thats equally fine by me.

7/. There are a lot of people asking about stats - I have put some useful stuff here: http://www.talkfreelance.com/saleinfo/

8/. Please do not post any offers in this thread - they will be ignored and deleted!

9/. Attempting to start arguments will result in your post being deleted and members will recieve infractions for doing so!

Over and out.

Peace

10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Is a session a unique hit ?

Just as a anchor point for negotiation, what would $10.00 sound like ?

10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
Just as a anchor point for negotiation, what would $10.00 sound like ?
It sounds like you should go back to school.

10-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
It sounds like you should go back to school.
Sorry, i meant 10k. Didn't mean to take the piss then

Edit: Would this be what your looking for, higher lower, etc.. Do you have revenue stats and how much did you pay for it ?

10-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Software:

Old

Sorry, i meant 10k. Didn't mean to take the piss then
Well as I said, the forum will be put up for auction, which means it will finds its natural value - but yes 10k is what a few people have mentioned in PM's.

I guess what people should think about is that (and I am sure your right), they could easily triple, quadruple or more the forum activity if they really dedicated a few months to this forum (and I hope they do). I'm sure most of you will agree that TF is currently a great base to create something truely valuable and exciting - effectiely its a business in a box waiting for its potential to be released. Unfortunatley my time and other commitments dictate that its not going to be me, so I will say good luck to anyone who buys it, and make TF the place all its members want and deserve. I've also had a few companies interested in revenue share and all sorts of stuff, but its my time to move on.

Thanks

10-28-2009, 11:30 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Any chance of adding Analytics to the site to give a more accurate view of traffic / stats for when you disclose all the details?

10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

I believe Zee has had his Google Analytics code in place for a few days.

10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Any revenue details?

10-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

Session: A series of hits to your site over a specific period of time by one visitor.
Hope that answers your question.

10-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Sam Granger View Post
Any revenue details?
Extreamly little at the moment Sam, as you know the site is not monetized other than the top add banner (which is not visible on the TF skin most users use ) and the side banner which most users will have hidden. Last months Adsense was only $90.

If I had the time, then I would think that one of the most profitable and easy revenue stream's would be to get a quality monthly (or bi-weekly) newsletter going. Contact some companies that are relevant to the TF audience and offer them a promotional sponsorship rate of say just 1c per email sent. If you got 10 sponsers this would generate approx $2,300 per newsletter, (based on the 23,000 registered users).

Off my head I think 1c/email is very low (I pay approx 20c/email for a similar thing for promoting my main business unrelated to TF to a highly targetted audience). I would suggest anyone serious about purchase would do some homework and contact some forums of similar niche and ask them how much they charge for sponsorship of their newsletter, then work out the figures.

The reason I like the newsletter is that its also adding value to the user, creates more noise, brings the user back to the forum, increases membership, which then increases possible revenue and its therefore self perpetuating. It's also dead easy to do, so it would be a very quick win for little work.

That would probably be my number 1, but there are aboviously loads of other things that could be done with a little bit of work.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >