Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1998 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Any Elance users?

Thread title: Any Elance users?
Closed Thread    
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
shanemckay is offline shanemckay
Software:

shanemckay is on a distinguished road

Old  Any Elance users?

Hello guys, dies anybody on here use Elance? If they do, what is there experience? I've just signed up with Elance. They offer several differnt plans and you basically pay for the one that meets your needs. I have paid for the 'Enhanced Listing' service, which costs $12 per month and is ideal because it allows me to bid on projects. The Enhanced Listing only allows me to make 3 bids per month and any bid over this limit cotst me $1.50. The next plan up is the 'Select Professional Package' that allows 80 bids per month for $75 per month. Upgrading to the professional package is beyond me at present and the 'Enhanced' package costs too much for so few bids. I don't think that, at present it is for me. I also use WizBids, which is a similar auction site to Elance but on a far lower scale. The monthly cost is something like $3.50 per month and there is no bid limit. There only problem is that the amount of projects on it is pretty poor. Can anybody recommend an auction site that is somewhere in beween these two and where the montly price is no more than $10.

Thanks

shane

09-16-2005, 01:24 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey Shane, I haven't had any real experience with elance but i've used other sites of a similar nature before.

It does sound rather expensive though, have you had much luck with it? I can see alot of people paying $75 and not even making that back.

09-16-2005, 01:05 PM
rappinhood is offline rappinhood
Expertise:
Software:

rappinhood is on a distinguished road

Old

Like you, I'm new to Elance and have just gone to the enhanced listing. Can't afford to go to the next level. I've also signed up to guru.com but I haven't yet found a project I'm eligible to bid on, so Elance is the better option.

09-16-2005, 05:36 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

i don't use elance, nor guru.com, because it's just not worth the effort. if you want to get jobs, quality jobs, outside the local level, i'd recommend you make some contacts through forums or other means and provide excellent service. most of my foreign clients have come from word of mouth, without me having to resort to bidding on projects that i most likely "over" bid.

09-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Varelse is offline Varelse
Expertise:
Software:

Varelse is on a distinguished road

Old

If you are determined to try working on freelance boeards like Elance or Guru, it may be a good idea to test if you like this kind of work and if it may be profitable for you. There are some free sites like these two, so they may ge good to use as training grounds.

Closed Thread