Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1427 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Anniversary Ideas - MV.com

Thread title: Anniversary Ideas - MV.com
Closed Thread    
05-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old  Anniversary Ideas - MV.com

Hey Guys,

Now I know this may seem a silly question, seeing as the website isn't even launched yet, however the 2nd year of business for Microvisuals.com is approaching quickly (6th June, to be exact) and I'm low on ideas of how to celebrate it.

Of course the 'celebration' will be more for my clients, than it will be for me and Microvisuals, but I'd like to ensure that on the anniversary or the weeks post, I could secure some long term (or short term) new clients, and start earning a healthy amount through business.

I was thinking of a special pricing offer, however I don't feel that this is personal enough to entice the clients. I'd like something personal, that makes the client feel as though they're special (i ensure that all of my clients feel this way anyway, I form strong bonds with my clients, and we always keep in touch. Roughly 80% of my customer base are returning customers who are never dis-pleased with my work ethic and product quality).

I'm totally spent for ideas, this is important to me as my life pretty much revolves around my work and Microvisuals.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance

05-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Have you considered a referrals type scheme?

I mean offer your current customers free maintenance or some other carrot for referring signed up clients to you.

For the new clients thy bring in offer them a 10-15% discount, or maybe free maintenance extensions?

Also for any new clients not from referrals offer them the same as above

I really believe a referral scheme works fantastically, I mean your clients are your best advocates! They love your work and want others to enjoy the same things as them

05-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
Have you considered a referrals type scheme?

I mean offer your current customers free maintenance or some other carrot for referring signed up clients to you.

For the new clients thy bring in offer them a 10-15% discount, or maybe free maintenance extensions?

Also for any new clients not from referrals offer them the same as above

I really believe a referral scheme works fantastically, I mean your clients are your best advocates! They love your work and want others to enjoy the same things as them
Hah.. That just gave me a great idea of my own.. thanks

05-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks for the post Julian.

At the moment I don't offer any type of maintenance to my clients for any type of fee, however this is the sort of service that I would like to break into eventually, why not now

I'll definitley keep this in the forefront of my mind and think it through

Thanks Again

05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

Try giving away "free" something, but come up with a unique idea. Remember, Yahoo! gave away free ice cream during their anniversary.

05-29-2005, 02:36 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Old

My clients get their first months maintenance free, anything over an above that covered by my maintenance clause.

I also have a client referral scheme written into my contract:

40. Client Referral Commission Program
The Developer recognizes 'word-of-mouth' advertising as our most favourable method of developing new business. As such, we want to reward customers who are pleased with our work and refer us to another individual, business, or organization.
If you refer our services to another party and we ultimately establish a contract with that party, we will provide you, the Client, with two months of free maintenance service. For Clients who regularly help us attract new clients, this can result in a virtually free Maintenance Agreement.

05-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Wicked Clause man, thanks very much for that. I'm going to take the plunge and introduce maintenance as a service

05-30-2005, 04:13 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well done Anthony!

BTW, my standard one months free maintenance covers very minor changes to the site structure, and minor additions/changes to the content. Normally to a maximum of 1 hours work. Anything above that is a client amend

PS. I don't let the client know what the length of time to maintain their sites is. It is a standard fee and sometimes I gain a small amount of $$ and sometimes I lose some.

05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well the maintenance side of things wouldn't be major, content changes, very minor graphic changes.

Additions to structure and design are client amends or a contracted service

Closed Thread