Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1220 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Network Name...

Thread title: Network Name...
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-19-2005, 10:43 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old  Network Name...

ok, so me and a friend are making a network starting with a webtraffic business.

we need suggestions for names as ive just been speeking with him and told him all my wonderful ideas we're going to make a network

As far as we've planned it for now, there's going to be 2 service sites, a network of forums and a tutorial database.

hopefully as we grow there will be more but we need a suitable name... any suggestions?

thanks for all who submit some

01-19-2005, 11:08 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey Novi, i don't really have any suggestions for names at the moment...only thing i can offer is my advice on your idea. I have seen so many failed networks, a good example is senthus network, that never got off the ground.

There are many networks that are poorly undeveloped (e.g several sites with lack of members, content, upkeep etc) that are put together for a unspecified reason. The idea of creating a network is to share traffic between the sites and create brand awareness.

I wouldn't personally start a network before you have a highly succesful forum/website that drives alot of traffic, otherwise you will be left with several medicore sites and be out of pocket!

01-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

hehe thats a good name... could we nick it please?

lol... yeh i kno what you mean...

thats why were starting with our traffic buziness and once that gets popular enuff we're gona open maybe the other service first or a forum.

01-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

thats why were starting with our traffic buziness and once that gets popular enuff we're gona open maybe the other service first or a forum.
Start with a forum, a website such as a traffic site won't generate returning visitors and it certainly won't create a community that will allow you to feed across to your other websites.

E.g With talkfreelance now recieving 900-1000 uniques per day, it would be easy for me to launch a similar site and share the traffic to some extent.

01-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

perhaps we could launch a forum and the webtraffic business but not link them... as soon as the fourms get popular we could then start the network?

01-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
E.g With talkfreelance now recieving 900-1000 uniques per day, it would be easy for me to launch a similar site and share the traffic to some extent.
don't start a network tho robson.... :mad:

01-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

don't start a network tho robson....
I couldn't think of anything worse! I think networks are far over used and most websites who start them don't actually have a clue why they are! The only decent network i have seen so far is inets.

And n0vi, i would start a forum and traffic site and then link them up several months down the line.

01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I couldn't think of anything worse! I think networks are far over used and most websites who start them don't actually have a clue why they are! The only decent network i have seen so far is inets.

And n0vi, i would start a forum and traffic site and then link them up several months down the line.
yeh thats what we're planning to do
and then as the forum get's more popular hopefully we're going to open up some others.

anyway... thanks for all the tips lol but can anyone give some suggestions for names?

senthus is nice rob, do you want that or could we use it if/when we open the network in a few months?

01-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

senthus is nice rob, do you want that or could we use it if/when we open the network in a few months?
Use what?

Senthus network has one decent website, bannersmall....httptalk recieves 250 uniques/day according to him, talkadvertising died before it even launched and bannerskins isn't even developed.

Webhost-resources hasn't had any advertising as far as i can see....i doubt the traffic on that site is anything like he advertises...

01-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Old

you said that you was going to open up senthus network but it never got off the ground, could we use the name senthus network?

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >