Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 863 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Is vistaprint and zazzle really necessary?

Thread title: Is vistaprint and zazzle really necessary?
08-30-2011, 05:46 AM
emeyex is offline emeyex
Expertise: art and design
Software: Adobe CS5 programs

emeyex is on a distinguished road

Old  Is vistaprint and zazzle really necessary?

Another forum refered me to vistaprint, and I came across zazzle on accident I think. Is this really a good way to market my art? I am doing a lot as it is, but managing and keeping track of an online shop seems like another burden. Although, if it is really a good marketing tool, I'll be willing to do it. The big issue is the fact that I have to spend money for each design being put on something like a T-shirt. I just thought I would run it by a couple of freelance designers before I get into all that. Anybody have experience with these sites?

08-31-2011, 06:22 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

What exactly are you planning on putting on those t-shirts as designs?
If it is something very unique, some people are actually able to profit from selling tshirts with their designs on them. It has to be something very original to convince buyers to buy them though.

08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
emeyex is offline emeyex
Expertise: art and design
Software: Adobe CS5 programs

emeyex is on a distinguished road

Old

Well the thing is that I'm not really that interested in the whole T-shirt or designs for sites like zazzle or vistaprint. But they would be cartoony designs such as this ----> http://emeyex.deviantart.com/#/d47reeu

But the main point i'm getting at is that I don't want to put time into setting up these online shops and spend even more money unless it's the smart thing to do. I was wondering if any other designers have experience with these websites.

08-31-2011, 10:45 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

I'd look into Threadless before I even consider Vistaprint or Zazzle. http://www.threadless.com/

02-12-2012, 07:31 AM
printisnotdead is offline printisnotdead
Expertise:
Software:

printisnotdead is on a distinguished road

Old

When you use other people to sell your stuff, they are going to take a cut of it. And then you may be locked in with their quality and limitations. You can't run a 2-for-1 promo if you can't discount the price, for example (I don't know specifically with those companies, just in general). The more you can keep in house, the more flexibility you'll have and the more money you get to keep for yourself. If you do decide to use a company to create your products, try to stick with one company so you don't have to manage a ton of different locations online. You want to keep creating art, not fiddling with different websites.

04-03-2012, 04:52 AM
printchesco is offline printchesco
Software:

printchesco is on a distinguished road

Old

It would be much better if you can break things down and really create a plan that you could follow for your business. What do you want your business to accomplish and what are you willing to give up for this? When you answer these, you can make decisions on websites and marketing strategies more easily.