Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2191 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

How To Advertise A Banner Design Company?

Thread title: How To Advertise A Banner Design Company?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Coffeee is offline Coffeee
Software:

Coffeee is on a distinguished road

Old  How To Advertise A Banner Design Company?

Hello All
I was just wondering, what would you do to advertise a banner design company?
Thanks In Advance
Coffeee

12-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

i think Robson has the answer to this question

personally i would make myself a banner and get it up on some sites then advertise a 'special offer' on as many forums as i could

12-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Software:

Old

Yeah, will have a word later
I hope to bring a few "suprises" to talkfreelance soon

12-12-2004, 03:54 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Advertising a banner business is like advertising any other business Coffee.

Firstly, i would say to you....know your competitors! When i started up my banner business the very first thing i did was research on the internet who my biggest threats are.

Bannersmall IMO were my only real threat. They had and still have a clear advantage over the up and comers. They basically have a monopoly going on now. Ok...so you want to advertise your banner business?

Here is how i did mine.....

1. I went to google and typed in "link: bannersmall.com" i made a list in word of every single site linking to bannersmall, i placed an advert or made an affiliate of these websites. Important rule in advertising....don't place ads where people havent advertised before, place them where they have!

2. Don't waste money on impressions! I never did for banners2go.

3. Add your URL to your sig and post in various forums everyday (i spend about 3 hours posting crap on forums to boost traffic and get my websites noticed everyday).

4. Goto the portfolio on bannersmall, make a list of the companies they have designed banners for, notably the ones who ordered the most. Google their website and contact the owner with a special "deal" or freebie. If you get the order right....you may just have a client for life. I stole 3 of BM's clients this way and would have had them all if i wasn't so lazy.

5. Add yourself to ALL directories you come across (webhost-resources.info) etc. Get previous clients to rate your site, leave feedback etc. A paid sponsership on this site actually brings in abit of revenue!

6. Stop competing on price alone. Offer something different to compliment your service! Discount advertising on talkfreelance.com perhaps? A free 88x31 with every second banner etc.

Humm....im sure there are more ways/things i need. Thats all i have time for right now. Like i say.....advertise where your competitors are, offer something different/better than them. Never compete on price alone. A few $20 banner customers is better than 6 or so $10 ones.

Hope it helps....regards.

12-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Software:

Old

Thats an excellent post Robson, you deserve a free beer
I will take note and try a few of those ideas. Thanks

12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for the tips Robson! I was actually thinking of doing it by searching for banners2go, but either way still works.

12-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks for the tips Robson! I was actually thinking of doing it by searching for banners2go, but either way still works.
That might be a better idea....bannersmall advertised in alot of places and some are preety irrelevant. It has to be said, i respect bannersmall for their level of work but it is not down to the owner it is the designers. The owner is a decent enough guy but he should at least take the time to update his website and correct the irregularities throughout it.

Senthu struck lucky with a decent idea at the right time. He could be making alot more than he is, he could be offering a far greater service to his clients. He is losing work because he is not investing back into his business.

I mean check out his other websites, httptalk.com, webhost-resources.com, talkadvertising.com. They are all preety much dead.

12-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I mean check out his other websites, httptalk.com, webhost-resources.com, talkadvertising.com. They are all preety much dead.
That's alot of $$$ wasted, he should focus more on one forum!

12-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Reason is, he is out of his domain. His strengths are Bannersmall, he should focus on the sites that are making him money and not trying to expand into other areas. He could offer his clients a far greater service, new website design etc.

12-13-2004, 02:34 AM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

I bet if he even parked those other domains he would generate a little money. Especially httptalk.com possibly.

By the way, this is actually what I was going to do... open up a design business. I'll definately use all of the tips mentioned! Thanks!

I hate the quote "it takes money to make money" because I don't like to spend anything, lol.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >