Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1778 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Advertising methods that work for you.

Thread title: Advertising methods that work for you.
Closed Thread    
04-04-2005, 08:43 AM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old  Advertising methods that work for you.

Advertising methods that work for you.

I thought this would be a useful and interesting thread to start. What advertising methods have worked for your and your website / company.

Here is the shortlist of methods that have worked for me.

1. Word of mouth.

In my experience you can’t beat this method of advertising. No online advert will beat one of your mates coming up to you and telling you how awesome X website / company is.

2. SEO.

It’s another great FREE advertising method. If you know what your doing (or just very lucky!) you can achieve great results with optimising your site for the search engines.

3. Google Adwords.

I have had quite a successful run with google adwords in the past. Recommended if you have a budget to play with.

4. Overture.

I have only used them once but I was happy with the campaign results. Would definitely use them again.

What works for you?

04-06-2005, 03:21 PM
BlaineSch is offline BlaineSch
Expertise: Web Applications
Software: Notepad++

BlaineSch is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BlaineSch Send a message via MSN to BlaineSch Send a message via Yahoo to BlaineSch Send a message via Skype™ to BlaineSch

Old

I normally do the first one cause it works the best because like you said If yo bud tells you this site is awesome there's no arguing because it's official the site's awesome.

04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Great thread!

I'm really getting into marketing now, just got a new book out from the library about online advertising, it's very old 1998 but so awesome! Some of the best methods remain the same

Anyways, methods i've had the most success with hands down are e-mail marketing (I like to call it personal mail shots) as simple as it sounds, you have a product and you know your market, you contact them and invite them to try your product....they like it, they buy it

Word of mouth is and always will be one of the best advertising options available to anyone! You satisfy one customer and along will come another 5 (according to some statistics I read) very powerful, I try that alot with tf, i'm always keen to treat everyone with enthusiasm so they really enjoy their experience here and then go and tell all their friends.

Banner advertising isn't that great, I'll admit it....i've done it before and had some excellent results! It's all about location, I advertised at youngcoders.com and must have had about 50 new members over the campaign (incredible! It only cost $25) yet i've spent $100 on other sites and not gained a single lead...be careful with banner advertising.

Your best bet is and always will be the search engines, get to the top of google for your keywords and you're laughing! Text links on sites are perfect for this, usually cheaper than banners...great for seo, pr and general promotion to a wider audience. But for now, word of mouth and e-mail marketing are my two prefered methods of advertising.

04-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Lee is offline Lee
Expertise:
Software:

Lee is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lee

Old

personally, i prefer word of mouth and using the search engines. oh so many people could get to your website from the search engines....nice.

04-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah, search engines are very powerful! I mean, if talkfreelance was number 1 for "freelance design" "webdesign forums" etc we would probably have 100 + members a day.....unfortunatly google doesn't like us much right now! I'll be working on that over the coming months though.

04-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
Yeah, search engines are very powerful! I mean, if talkfreelance was number 1 for "freelance design" "webdesign forums" etc we would probably have 100 + members a day.....unfortunatly google doesn't like us much right now! I'll be working on that over the coming months though.
Try typo squatting, works great

Like I got webhostnigtalk.com I do get hits aswell

04-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah, good domain

Closed Thread