Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1661 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

A warning for what?

Thread title: A warning for what?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
08-24-2007, 02:55 PM
hyproVision is offline hyproVision
Expertise:
Software:

hyproVision is on a distinguished road

Old  A warning for what?

So Charllie made a thread in the marketplace where he was selling a template for $250 which looked like it had been made in Paint, which I simply made a reply to and said "Are you serious?", all of a sudden I have a warning because I "Broke Marketplace Rules". A few minutes later and the thread is nowhere to be seen.

I won't be surprised if this thread goes missing and I get banned all of a sudden, for making a simple statement.

08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Every time you make a post in here you always end it with something along the lines of "I'll probably get banned for this" but it never happens does it? Come on mate you know us better than that by now

If you look at the infraction you will see it says "reversed" (don't actually know if you can see your infractions?) - the infractions given out in that thread have all been revoked

08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Kristien is offline Kristien
Expertise:
Software:

Kristien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Kristien

Old

Originally Posted by hyproVision View Post
So Charllie made a thread in the marketplace where he was selling a template for $250 which looked like it had been made in Paint, which I simply made a reply to and said "Are you serious?", all of a sudden I have a warning because I "Broke Marketplace Rules". A few minutes later and the thread is nowhere to be seen.

I won't be surprised if this thread goes missing and I get banned all of a sudden, for making a simple statement.
-nevermind-

08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Marketplace Rules
Negative comments, trashing or criticism are not allowed in members threads. Talkfreelance is a friendly community and we expect this policy to extend to our Marketplace. We wish you the best of luck with your advertisement and realise that negative comments can impact severely on your sale. In light of this, please note that negative comments will be removed; offenders may be warned and possibly placed on a vacation.
Speaks for itself.

08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
hyproVision is offline hyproVision
Expertise:
Software:

hyproVision is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bazza` View Post
Every time you make a post in here you always end it with something along the lines of "I'll probably get banned for this" but it never happens does it? Come on mate you know us better than that by now

If you look at the infraction you will see it says "reversed" (don't actually know if you can see your infractions?) - the infractions given out in that thread have all been revoked
Never happens? I've been banned about 3 times now for voicing my opinion

08-24-2007, 06:03 PM
damien is offline damien
Software:

damien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to damien

Old

Haha, yeah Bazza`. I've been banned before for similar stuff, is it really necessary?

08-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

The rules do not include a clause that allows negitave comments on bad designs. The marketplace rules which you yourself agreed to when joining clearly state

Negative Comments, Negative Criticism or Trashing Threads

Negative comments, trashing or criticism are not allowed in members threads. Talkfreelance is a friendly community and we expect this policy to extend to our Marketplace. We wish you the best of luck with your advertisement and realise that negative comments can impact severely on your sale. In light of this, please note that negative comments will be removed; offenders may be warned and possibly placed on a vacation. Keep it friendly please.

@damien
Yes, it is necessary because it could hurt their sale badly. The gallery showcase is the place for critique where you could make comments on this design. The punishments need to be harsh because in reality the worst thing you can do is ruin somebodies sale, we just cant have that in a forum that claims to be friendly.

08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

damien you were banned for insulting another member which is pretty obvious that it's against the rules.

Hypro you've never been banned for creating a thread in here, you've just racked up one too many infraction points one too many times.

We have rules, we have an infraction system you all know how it works by now. Anyway never mind all that, the warning was revoked so case solved this time

08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Just to clarify, members can see their infractions (on their profile page) -- not sure about revoked infractions, but regular ones that stuck, yes.

08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

I want to see how this baby looks, almost tempted to ask for an infraction as silly as it sounds :P

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >