Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1771 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Thread title: The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  The contest began 6 months ago and you're still waiting it out

I'm baffled why you're pouring resources into a logo. It's trivial and pointless. You're not going to start bulletin boards down San Francisco. You're not Coca-Cola. Websites do not need logos. This is not 1999. Adapt.

I believe the majority on day 1 agreed on audy's. You're never going to please 100% of the community. People have different tastes.

"premature optimization is the root of all evil" ~Donald Knuth.

This is what you're doing. You spending way too much time optimizing when it's not ready to be optimized. A new theme will not fix it. Plugins will not fix it. The only way to fix 'it' is to roll your sleeves up and get dirty. Create content and be the change. Be the type of user you want TF to attract, because don't expect anyone else to. Be the change.

TF is behind every other online community I frequent. Reddit, HN and SE amongst others. I told you before, vBulletin is a dated forum structure and it offers a very crappy platform for discussion. Posts are ordered by date rather than quality. Which makes for very poor conversation. Nobody cares about a paid-to-post plugin, if anything it's insulting that you believe this would incentivise us.

Stop the freaking censorship already. Stop censoring posts because you disagree or they appear to be out of topic. Seriously now. Your moderation practices are that of the stone age. It leaves a very sour taste. **** **** bollocks ... stop trying to play internet police. Stop telling me what words I can consume. Stone age.