Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 850 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

Password security

Thread title: Password security
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

I use dictionary words for like just accounts in general, and made-up words for paypal, and then I use a "1337"speak dictionary word for my bank account.. I need to strengthen those. :\

03-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

I can remember passwords up to 30 characters fairly easy after a day or so of using them. While I type in the first 4 or 5 characters my fingers know where to move to finish the sequence so I don't have to actually try and recall every character although I can recall the password from memory if I need to. A year and a half ago 1 of my friends had me play his World of Warcraft account for a weekend with someone else we know while my friend was away. Last week he asked if by any chance I remembered his account info because he forgot both the username and password since it had been over a year since he played the game, I told him what it was, and he was surprised that I still remembered both his account name and password

Originally Posted by RaZoR^ View Post
Geesh Impluo, you little social engineer!! Yeah, you must also remember that if you have a password which can be recovered by entering your personal data and/or a secret qquestion, then you need to keep the answer secure, even unrelated, maybe enter fake data (remembering what you entered somehow) or use a different password for the email account that the new password or the recovered password will be sent to.
Yep, I keep my secret password/question completely irrelevant. There is a very slim chance I'll ever need to use it and I should remember the answer depending on the question (even though it is completely irrelevant it will make sense in my mind ).

03-07-2007, 03:59 PM
RaZoR^ is offline RaZoR^
Software:

RaZoR^ is on a distinguished road

Old

My question is always my pet's name... but the answer isn't a name of a pet... it's another combination of numbers, upper and lowercase letters and a couple of symbols. And the answers are always different lol.

03-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Feren6 is offline Feren6
Expertise:
Software:

Feren6 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Feren6

Old

I used PasswordHasher..look it up it's a Firefox Extension, but can also be used through the web tool.

http://wijjo.com/passhash/passhash.html

It's pretty sweet.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2