Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1669 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

First Clan Template - WIP

Thread title: First Clan Template - WIP
Closed Thread    
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
ajtaylor is offline ajtaylor
Software:

ajtaylor is on a distinguished road

Old  First Clan Template - WIP

This is the first clan template that I have done. I was just bored and decided to give it a go. It's not finished, but I like it so far and I'd like your opinion.

http://www.ajtaylor.net/blueclan/blueclan.jpg

03-09-2009, 05:19 AM
playpharma is offline playpharma
Software:

playpharma is on a distinguished road

Old

Awesome man. I like its button. Try to add some hover effects in the buttons. that will be great.

03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
BetaOrge is offline BetaOrge
Expertise:
Software:

BetaOrge is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BetaOrge Send a message via MSN to BetaOrge

Old

You want my honest opinion? It looks like a tutorial web template.

First thing, the font needs to be cleaned up a lot. Or use an entire different font. I can see points at which one letter touches another.

Stay away from the gradient half colours. (What you used in the menu bar). It looks fine when used on the correct template. But that is not it. Totally remove the gray background from the buttons, or change the gradient a bit. That style only works if the gradients are total opposite and they are not right now.

You got too many different colours. Stay with colours that blend well together. Gray and blue blend well but not that blue. Try a more bluer blue, like the one in the header graphic.

Your header graphic is fine, I like the use of colour dodge and sharpen, Looks nice. The title could use some work. Get rid of the grow border. Also try and make the light part on the top more of an eclipse rather then a block, round the edges and blend it a bit more.

I'll be honest and say you have way too much gradient going on. I know it looks good but you need to learn how to properly use it. The bottom of the blocks is way too different. The top gray needs to be a lot darker. So it almost looks like it barely changes, also decrease the size a bit. The block headers are way too large. Try and make them a bit smaller. The white line actually looks fine so I'd keep that.

Other then that good job. It's really just the font and the use of way too much gradient where the colours don't blend that is making it seem less appealing.

- Steve

03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by BetaOrge View Post
You want my honest opinion? It looks like a tutorial web template.

First thing, the font needs to be cleaned up a lot. Or use an entire different font. I can see points at which one letter touches another.

Stay away from the gradient half colours. (What you used in the menu bar). It looks fine when used on the correct template. But that is not it. Totally remove the gray background from the buttons, or change the gradient a bit. That style only works if the gradients are total opposite and they are not right now.

You got too many different colours. Stay with colours that blend well together. Gray and blue blend well but not that blue. Try a more bluer blue, like the one in the header graphic.

Your header graphic is fine, I like the use of colour dodge and sharpen, Looks nice. The title could use some work. Get rid of the grow border. Also try and make the light part on the top more of an eclipse rather then a block, round the edges and blend it a bit more.

I'll be honest and say you have way too much gradient going on. I know it looks good but you need to learn how to properly use it. The bottom of the blocks is way too different. The top gray needs to be a lot darker. So it almost looks like it barely changes, also decrease the size a bit. The block headers are way too large. Try and make them a bit smaller. The white line actually looks fine so I'd keep that.

Other then that good job. It's really just the font and the use of way too much gradient where the colours don't blend that is making it seem less appealing.

- Steve
It's my first man, take it easy.

Anyway, the font is not important, that will all change when it gets coded so I am not going to bother changing that. I think the navigation buttons look well with the grey box behind them, it contrasts to the darker background which is what it's supposed to do. I don't understand how these colours don't go well together, I honestly think they are the best possible combination of colours, but then again I like blue.

Anyway thanks for your constructive criticism, but I think your advice is more opinionated because a lot of people like what you have stated is wrong.

03-10-2009, 02:32 AM
kos is offline kos
Software:

kos is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to kos Send a message via Yahoo to kos

Old

i also think the buttons need work, they dont really fit the template too well in my opinion. the colours are cliche, just about every gaming template has the same color combination. i also think it would look better if it were a little smaller. the template is far larger than content will most likely be.

03-10-2009, 02:41 AM
LMcCarthy is offline LMcCarthy
Software:

LMcCarthy is on a distinguished road

Old

My suggestion is to take the image off the banner, if your trying to sell it.

It ruins the 'mood' or setting of the template itself, other then that, nice and clean good job.

03-10-2009, 03:20 AM
BetaOrge is offline BetaOrge
Expertise:
Software:

BetaOrge is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BetaOrge Send a message via MSN to BetaOrge

Old

When you ask for somebodies opinion you are going to get a personal perspective. Thats what a opinion is. I gave you what you asked for

Anyways it's good, don't give up, but don't take what people say to heart either. When you ask for an opinion on something there is always somebody who is an arse. And I'm an arse, but I'm good at what I do.

- Steve

03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Software:

Old

Thanks for the feedback everyone, BetaOrge, yeah I guess I was a bit stupid to say that sorry, no worries though I understood what you said and thanks

03-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Plutomic-Andrew is offline Plutomic-Andrew
Software:

Plutomic-Andrew is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks kind of dark and doesn't seem to be too user friendly. If you post more pictures I'd love to see more of it.

03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
kos is offline kos
Software:

kos is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to kos Send a message via Yahoo to kos

Old

YOU SUCK! this kid basicall just changed the banner of this template.

http://www.clantemplates.com/templat...ock_bluedream/

he ripped that whole thing.

[FAIL]

Closed Thread