Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1561 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Blogging and Community Building :

Starting A New Forum?

Thread title: Starting A New Forum?
Closed Thread    
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Matt007 is offline Matt007
Software:

Matt007 is on a distinguished road

Old  Starting A New Forum?

So I currently have a website running Invasion Power Board ( IP.Board ) But our forum is dead and getting old. It is still getting 250,000 – 300,000 +/- Page Views a month. What would you do? Start a new forum with a new topic or keep the current one and try to stretch out?

05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Matt007 View Post
So I currently have a website running Invasion Power Board ( IP.Board ) But our forum is dead and getting old. It is still getting 250,000 – 300,000 +/- Page Views a month. What would you do? Start a new forum with a new topic or keep the current one and try to stretch out?

Add new things and run fun contests things always seems to help. Give the members a reason to be there. New features and design seems to help too.

05-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Matt007 is offline Matt007
Software:

Matt007 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Add new things and run fun contests things always seems to help. Give the members a reason to be there. New features and design seems to help too.
But should I start over with a new domain, fresh forums? I have a nice Alexa ranking thought 100,000 but I could re start I think it would be better what do you say?

05-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Use the traffic! Use the current domain.

05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Unless your forum is covering a subject that doesn't have a sustainable interest (ie if it's a forum about a TV show thats been canceled, a game that nobody plays anymore or a product that is no longer made/used for example) then it may be time to start to think about a new forum covering a new subject.

However, if your forums subject is something that people are always going to have an interest in and where there is always something new to discuss then keep focusing on that forum and try to bring it back to life. 250,000 page views a month isn't a bad block to restart your community from. Start promoting it more and updating it with new content and interesting posts and try and run some contests or something to really regenerate some interest. Try and offer your current member base a reason to keep posting and give new potential members a reason to sign up

Basically from what you've told us so far I would say it all boils down to what your forum is about and then deciding weather your forum has past that subjects "shelf life". You should definately try to make the most of your current traffic though!

05-29-2007, 03:12 AM
Ravs is offline Ravs
Expertise:
Software:

Ravs is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Ravs Send a message via MSN to Ravs Send a message via Yahoo to Ravs

Old

If i were you i would start a contest of some sort offering $100, then i would tell as many people as i can about it.

Your traffic is good so you shouldn't have a problem with that. Good luck!

Closed Thread