Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1601 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Presentation Design

Thread title: Presentation Design
Closed Thread    
10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
StudentBlogger is offline StudentBlogger
Software:

StudentBlogger is on a distinguished road

Old  Presentation Design

I'm looking to get involved in presentation design, public speaking consulting etc. and wondered if anyone could give me any advice.

Any software I should know how to use, other than logo design software (if you even consider this necessary). Obviously PowerPoint and Keynote are a given!

I want to know how is the best way to start getting some experience in this, as I've only worked on my own presentations before. I'm prepared to work for free to build up my portfolio, but I don't know where to find work.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

10-21-2008, 11:52 PM
classicantiquity is offline classicantiquity
Expertise:
Software:

classicantiquity is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to classicantiquity

Old

I'd start by locating colleges that offer either a degree or certification in Public Speaking/Consulting. As for gaining experience and further more, skill, you have to simply get out and do some actual public speaking. I once heard of a guy who wanted to get into this sort of thing but he had problems speaking in front of large amounts of people and/or higher-ups. He decided to go out in the middle of his town square and stand on a milk crate whilst he spoke about public speaking.

One thing that has helped me build social/public skills in general over the years is watching speeches. Pick up on key movements and transitions. A lot of times you pick up most of that stuff passively. Good luck.

Closed Thread