Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2171 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Webalizer Stats Help - I think i figured it out!

Thread title: Webalizer Stats Help - I think i figured it out!
Closed Thread    
04-23-2006, 07:16 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old  Webalizer Stats Help - I think i figured it out!

OK, so i have been having some trouble trying to understand my stats, but i THINK i figured it out. Here is my stats as of now:

Now, here is a clipping from the Webalizer webpage. I'm trying to figure out how many visitors i have. Well, you say look at Visits. Well, thats a small amount of visits to be registering thousands of hits. Plus, MOST of the links go to a tutorial i posted on a forum thats indexed at good-tutorials. The forum told me i have atleast 14,XXX hits (almost 15,000).

Well, here is the definition for Pages:

Pages are those URLs that would be considered the actual page being requested, and not all of the individual items that make it up (such as graphics and audio clips). Some people call this metric page views or page impressions, and defaults to any URL that has an extension of .htm, .html or .cgi.
And here is the definition for Visits:

Visits occur when some remote site makes a request for a page on your server for the first time. As long as the same site keeps making requests within a given timeout period, they will all be considered part of the same Visit. If the site makes a request to your server, and the length of time since the last request is greater than the specified timeout period (default is 30 minutes), a new Visit is started and counted, and the sequence repeats. Since only pages will trigger a visit, remotes sites that link to graphic and other non- page URLs will not be counted in the visit totals, reducing the number of false visits.
And finally, here is the definition of Sites:

Sites is the number of unique IP addresses/hostnames that made requests to the server. Care should be taken when using this metric for anything other than that. Many users can appear to come from a single site, and they can also appear to come from many ip addresses so it should be used simply as a rough guage as to the number of visitors to your server.
(The rest can be found here: http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html )

Well after analizying all of my stats, the number listed under "Sites" comes closet to my traffic recored by the phpBB forum and the number of hits the Tutorial Site (good-tutorials.com) recorded. BUT, the definition of sites does not make it a candidate... Any thoughts?

Closed Thread