Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1402 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Complaint threads disappearing

Thread title: Complaint threads disappearing
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
10-13-2010, 10:08 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It's simple really - we cannot get involved and act as mediators for a dispute between members.

Take for example the carmen_electra / Jordan situation; Carmen starts the thread claiming Jordan is a fraud, a number of people who have no relevance to the dispute get involved, Jordan replies with logs stating she did nothing wrong, I get a PM from Carmen stating he/she has proof Jordan is a fraud...

What do you honestly expect us to do? We cannot use IM log's / emails / other peoples opinion to base a decision on so all in all the threads end up being pointless.

As people have already said it should be sorted privately and the iTrader system should be used.

Thanked by:
Artashes (10-14-2010)
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Its good to know that things have changed then, and if we hire or purchase something in the marketplace from other members then no recourse can be made here at talkfreelance. I feel safe doing business here now!

Just curious if your going to treat this one instance this way or delete the other similar threads on this forum?

10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Your question has been answered several times. Please stop being repetitive.

10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
TaeKwonJoe is offline TaeKwonJoe
Expertise: Designing & Programming
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

TaeKwonJoe is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

Originally Posted by cpr View Post
It's simple really - we cannot get involved and act as mediators for a dispute between members.

Take for example the carmen_electra / Jordan situation; Carmen starts the thread claiming Jordan is a fraud, a number of people who have no relevance to the dispute get involved, Jordan replies with logs stating she did nothing wrong, I get a PM from Carmen stating he/she has proof Jordan is a fraud...

What do you honestly expect us to do? We cannot use IM log's / emails / other peoples opinion to base a decision on so all in all the threads end up being pointless.

As people have already said it should be sorted privately and the iTrader system should be used.
I don't recall anyone else getting involved in the dispute itself. The only posts other than Jordan's were about these types of things being allowed or not.

In the end, Jordan proved the OP wrong. Instead of the thread getting locked it got deleted, though.

We aren't expecting you to do anything. People don't post testimonials to get anyone banned or have staff look into the matter, they are just there to be searchable by any future clients that want to read up on past experiences. When I hire someone, I don't go here and look at their iTrader to find out if their services are good or not, I Google them.

Google results don't show me their iTrader reports, they show me threads of people posting testimonials...the exact thing that you guys are prohibiting. Luckily I got my name changed from Apple to TaeKwonJoe. If it was still Apple then my iTrader here would be completely useless. Even by using the search function on this very forum, it'd be useless.

If someone Google's my full name, "Joe Berthelot" my iTrader isn't going to show up in any results. They are going to see testimonials that other people have posted on forums, and that's the way it should be.

10-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

You assume too much, Joe.

Why would the thread be locked and not deleted when it's prohbited!

Google results can be faked with relative ease, I wouldn't recommend hiring someone based soley on a google search. Any disgruntled person with time can tarnish a name and have it rank well in Google, I believe there are words for this.

The new profile pages will focus heavily on their reputation, and should rank well in Google.

Please re-read why we prohibit them type of threads, now ask yourself why eBay builds their setup in a similar fashion to iTrader. Maybe that will flick a lightswitch.

10-13-2010, 06:16 PM
cpr is offline cpr

Old

Originally Posted by TaeKwonJoe View Post
In the end, Jordan proved the OP wrong. Instead of the thread getting locked it got deleted, though.
In your opinion she did, carmen_electra still claims Jordan is fraudulent. We don't know for definite who was being truthful and who wasn't, log's don't prove anything. What did the thread achieve? Absolutley nothing - it just outlined what happened and two different sides to a story, now please tell me WHY it had to be made public?

When I hire someone, I don't go here and look at their iTrader to find out if their services are good or not, I Google them.

Google results don't show me their iTrader reports, they show me threads of people posting testimonials...the exact thing that you guys are prohibiting. Luckily I got my name changed from Apple to TaeKwonJoe. If it was still Apple then my iTrader here would be completely useless. Even by using the search function on this very forum, it'd be useless.
It's unfair to allow the threads. It can potentially tarnish peoples name when they are totally innocent. Take Jordan for example, would she be happy if we kept the threads opened and the first three results in google were 'Jordanraine = scammer' etc when she's apparently innocent? Just because you find it useful that doesn't mean it should be allowed.

If someone Google's my full name, "Joe Berthelot" my iTrader isn't going to show up in any results. They are going to see testimonials that other people have posted on forums, and that's the way it should be.
No they aren't. They are going to see 110,000 results, 109,998 of which aren't about you, the two that are your portfolio and the other a hosting design for sale. If you serious about hiring something there are numerous other ways to find out whether someone is trusthworthy / reliable rather than searching for a username in Google.

10-13-2010, 06:23 PM
cpr is offline cpr

Old

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
Its good to know that things have changed then, and if we hire or purchase something in the marketplace from other members then no recourse can be made here at talkfreelance. I feel safe doing business here now!
Use iTrader, that's what it is there for. We cannot decide who is right and who is wrong in a dispute.

10-13-2010, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via MSN to TaeKwonJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TaeKwonJoe

Old

@cpr

It didn't have to be made public, yet it should have the right to. If I wanted to hire Jordan for coding work that thread would prove useful to me, even if locked. Information is better than no information at all.

Yeah, I could look at her iTrader, if there was one. Even if then, I wouldn't know the full story. Just a few words saying if the deal was good or bad. If it's a negative review, I'm sure Jordan would want me, as a client, to know the full story.

It's not unfair, and it doesn't tarnish peoples names as long as they aren't innocent. Jordan said herself she didn't care if the thread stayed or not, she said what she had to say. If someone posted a thread like that about myself, and it was untrue, then I would make it very clear that the OP is lying. If it is true, then I wouldn't be able to provide sufficient evidence and chances are that other people whom have also had a bad experience would say so as well. If no one else has had a bad experience with me, then that's good information/replies as well.

That's because no one has posted any testimonials about me, because I don't ask them to. However if they did, they sure as hell wouldn't find any here because apparently they aren't allowed. Way to keep a closed-community.

It seems like this stuff isn't allowed simply because no one feels like moderating them. RARELY do these types of threads get out of control. If they do, then I guess someones going to have to do their job. It's a WHOLE lot of work to click your mouse button a couple of times eh?

10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

It seems like this stuff isn't allowed simply because no one feels like moderating them. RARELY do these types of threads get out of control. If they do, then I guess someones going to have to do their job. It's a WHOLE lot of work to click your mouse button a couple of times eh?
Rofl, if only being a mod were that easy. People treat your clicks like bullets when you are a mod. Every post you delete is subject to tight scrutiny, especially when strong feeling surround it.

The mods here are volunteers, they get paid nothing. They keep the forum clean and shouldn't have to put up with arguments. If you think they should perhaps you should apply to be the guy who moderates them.

10-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Rofl, if only being a mod were that easy. People treat your clicks like bullets when you are a mod. Every post you delete is subject to tight scrutiny, especially when strong feeling surround it.

The mods here are volunteers, they get paid nothing. They keep the forum clean and shouldn't have to put up with arguments. If you think they should perhaps you should apply to be the guy who moderates them.
I understand that moderators are watched constantly by the members. That's how it always is and you've got to accept that fact when taking the position.

I know all of that. I probably report more threads per week than I actually post, because I too care about this community. I didn't know there was an opening.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >