Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1452 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Articles From The Experts :

Importance of a Toll Free number!! For Hosting and other Online related Businesses!!!

Thread title: Importance of a Toll Free number!! For Hosting and other Online related Businesses!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01-26-2005, 11:04 PM
todaysdrops is offline todaysdrops
Software:

todaysdrops is on a distinguished road

Old  Importance of a Toll Free number!! For Hosting and other Online related Businesses!!!

How important is a toll free number to you and your business? It should be one of the top issues when starting up a company. It bascially cost pennies to the dollars to setup and maintaine. It will give you a professional feeling and look.

For example: This is very cost effective and makes your clients feel safe. Lets say for example you are hosting 50 Clients and your server has a down time of 1 hour split into four 15 minute intervals. One of them is at 1pm EST the other one is at 3am EST and the other two are pretty much the same time but two weeks later. Lets say 50% of your Clients are from Aussie land and half are from the States. That means that 25 would experience a 30 minute down time during business hours for the month while the others are not during business hours.

Lets say that half call during the down time that would be 25 calls @ 1-2minutes @ $1.50 for all the phone calls to tell them that you are looking into the issue. That is all that they phone calls should consit of. "Thank you for calling" "How may I assist you this evening" Client "Well it doesn't seem like our site is live" You "Sir/Mam, let me look at this real quick to see if I can get access" lets say that it is down "We will look into this ASAP and see what the deal is" "Is there anything else you need" Them "No thanks," You "Thank you for calling support and if you need anything else please Call us or submit a ticket via web site"

That is all you have to do to get a "Personal Touch" to your clients AT A 6 Cent Cost!!!!!!!!

Another thing is when people are searching your site they are for sure looking for a toll free number or a live chat button on your site. I can not express how many phone calls I have gotten for hosting and believe it or not Web Design just for my Toll Free number being on our contact page.

Also if you are going to get a toll free number use it for Business use and not personal use it can get costly that way. Its a business line use it as a business line. Short and sweet and to the point!!!!!!

That is it for now. Hope this helps a few of ya'll

Frank