Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1608 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Do you think this seems right?

Thread title: Do you think this seems right?
Closed Thread    
01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Rannek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

Old  Do you think this seems right?

Alright, so a long time ago when i first started graphics & stuff like that. My friends and I decided to build our own site. So we bought a DOMAIN and HOSTING. For the domain, as usual, you gotta pay yearly. And for the hosting, we paid monthly. So... This is one of those pay for both sites and you dont get to control the domain, but they do. I was really dumb back then i guess you can say. I had a very unique name i think in my opinion called 'Conceptual-Creations.net'. Well anyways, about 6 months came up, and i didnt pay for the last month and decided to close it down. Then after about a month, now keep thinking, its only been about 7 months since i bought the domain. I started getting into all these site like talkfreelance, sitepoint, yaxay, etc... So i decided that it'd be cool to sell my domain. But guess what, after ONLY 7 months, i didnt have any access to my domain. But i was the one who PAID for the domain, not the company owner. And i read the TOS/RULES and it didnt say anything about they keep everything in their own hands, we are the ones who decides what happens to those domains i would say since we paid for them. Then, he never replied to my email after i sent him a request to get it back! Finally, a month later (now this is about 8-9 months), they finally sent me MAIL (not email) with the actuall domain company thing, and it was going to charge me $46 for my domain back.... Sounds very rediculous to me. After its been only 9 months at the max, and i paid for a whole YEAR (12 months). So i should still have 3 months of free domain untill i have to pay again... What do you guys/girls think about this? I really liked that domain & name as well too. Plus i coulda sold it for some good cash if it was a .com .

01-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

well thats what happens when you get a domain though a hosting company that doesnt register domains

01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Rannek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

Old

But i still dont understand... How is that legal to keep someone else's domain that they paid for. Thats like you buying 5 months hosting from me and im not giving you anything. I got a something about the domain in the mail from INTERNET CORPORATION LISTING SERVICE. In NY or w/e. So it seems that they must have something to do with getting this back up for me. Im really all confused right now though. If i should be blaming the company that i bought the domain from, or the real deal ICLS?

01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
jon is offline jon
Expertise:
Software:

jon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to jon Send a message via MSN to jon

Old

If it helps, conceptualcreations.net is available.

01-08-2006, 12:35 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Haha, what a brilliant response jon.

Btw, it's legal because I assume the guy bought the domain for you (but he was the one who probably purchased it).

Closed Thread