Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1436 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum     Start A Contest :

$50 Logo for Web Hosting Site

Thread title: $50 Logo for Web Hosting Site
Closed Thread    
03-04-2006, 01:02 AM
mtgm is offline mtgm
Software:

mtgm is on a distinguished road

Old  $50 Header & Logo Contest for Hosting-Related Site

Name of the contest: WebHostingReviews.com Header & Logo Contest
Deadline: 15/03/06
Prize/Delivery method: $50 paid through paypal

Contest brief: WebHostingReviews.com, a site which allows users to review their web host, is currently being re-done entirely. As a result of this, it also needs a new header/logo. But please, do not model the header/logo on anything that you see on the current site. The entire site is going to be ripped down and an entirely new layout will be up there in about a month's time.

Details/Colours: The new header/logo should make use of font color #3366cc (as its background), should have a height of 85-90 pixels, and should have a liquid width that can stretch from a minimum of 800px. It would also be nice if the header/logo incorporated a real photograph of some kind, having to do with web hosting/servers (perhaps you could even make that be on top of the #3366cc background, and cover a lot of its width as well).

The logo must have the text WebHostingReviews.com somewhere on it, preferably on the left-hand side, as well as the heading (in smaller letters), Thousands of web hosting reviews written by users for users.

Other information: The deadline of this contest is March 15th, 2006. You must also be willing to make a few edits to the logo, if I see that something needs to be changed.

Contact information: You can contact me by private messaging me. I'll check this board several times per day, and I'm very prompt at replying to people.

Thanks in advance.

03-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Other information: If I see a logo that I really like, I will end the contest much sooner than March 15th, 2006. The sooner the better. You must also be willing to make a few edits to the logo, if I see that something needs to be changed.
You have to let the contest run it's full course. This gives contestants a fair chance at entering.

Also this contest seems to be a contest for a website header (including the logo), not a just a single logo.

Please also specify a width, as your comment: "and a width that encompasses the whole screen" is too open for interperetation due to many screen resolutions. You could say you need a liquid header that can stretch from a minimum of 800px wide.

03-05-2006, 09:45 PM
mtgm is offline mtgm
Software:

Old

Changes made. Thanks.

03-07-2006, 05:19 AM
mtgm is offline mtgm
Software:

Old

Ok... a highly unmoderated forum like this is frustrating.

If my contest isn't approved at some point tomorrow (March 7th, 2006) I'm leaving and you can cancel my contest entirely. I set a contest deadline of March 15th, 2006, thinking that it would be approved within 24 hours of posting it.

The initial contest was posted on March 3rd, and if it isn't approved on the 7th, that will already be 5 entire days lost. That's 5 days lost where people could have potentially participated.

03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Joe is offline Joe
Software:

Joe is on a distinguished road

Old

Have you tried to contact one of the moderators directly via PM?

03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
mtgm is offline mtgm
Software:

Old

Not yet, but aren't they supposed to frequent the forums? It's been several days now.

03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
mtgm is offline mtgm
Software:

Old

Well, the contest hasn't been approved yet, so I'm taking my business elsewhere (SitePoint Forums). So to all you interested designers out there, I encourage you to visit their forums in the next day or so to check out the contest there.

Mods you can close this thread, and feel free to delete my account as well, because you won't be seeing me around any time soon.

This contest is no longer available.

03-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Sorry I have been away for several days.

I tried to do this for you and failed you, so did all the other admins and moderators.

I sincerely apologise, and are going to try to put steps into place to stop this from happening again.

03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Sorry about that, if you have a problem please e-mail webmaster@talkfreelance.com

Closed Thread