Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1130 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

.ws domain thread - disucss

Thread title: .ws domain thread - disucss
Closed Thread    
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Jeromedia603 is offline Jeromedia603
Software:

Jeromedia603 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Jeromedia603 Send a message via MSN to Jeromedia603 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeromedia603 Send a message via Skype™ to Jeromedia603

Old  .ws domain thread - discuss

How many of you know about the .ws domain name? What it really stands for? and what it stands for now? What company owns the .ws extension?

Well to say the least, not allot of people know / care to know about the .ws extension because they either have never seen / herd of it before of because they think it stands for something in which it does not. I run into this allot with people who tell me the .ws stands for Western Samoa. The reason why people think this is because .ws was originally intended to server as a domain extension for the tiny island nation of Samoa, deep in the South Pacific.

( a direct quote from GDI's website )

"With a population of less than 200,000 people, Samoa had yet to utilize their domain on a massive scale. And, none of the other countries' domains compared to the potential branding power of .WS to signify 'WebSite'. After all" Mike happily exclaimed, "everyone in the free world knows what a web site is!" "

Click Here to read more about the story behind the .ws domain name extension

Now onto what .ws stands for today? .WS stands for ( WebSite ) now to own a domain name that has the extension of .ws to some might sound dumb / stupid / ridiculous and so forth but to those to can see the true potential in the .ws domain name extension and the future of the internet, will soon be capitalizing on the true value of a .ws extension when the time comes. Now for all of you out there who wanted to purchase a .com domain name but couldn't because it was taken, NOW you can try .WS which is more oblivious to the fact that .WS stands for WebSite and .COM stands for Commercial, owning a .ws domain name sounds more reasonable to own. As people prefer the .com extension because it's easy to market, the .ws extension will soon follow it's path in the years to come.

What company owns the .ws extension? This company is called Global Domains International, Inc also known as ( GDI ). Global Domains International was founded in late 1999 by 2 entrepreneurs named ( Mike & Alan ) Click Here to read up about these 2 men. The company ( GDI ) was ranked #37 in the Inc500 Magazine as the top fastest growing private companies in America. They have also been featured on Cover of San Diego Union Tribune Business Section & Entrepreneur Magazines.

Now knowing what you know about the .ws extension after reading this, How do you feel about owning a domain name with the .ws extension? Do you still feel the same? or do you feel like it might be worth owning a .ws extension if you can't find a domain name that your looking for with a .com extension?

Something great about GDI and what they offer is wonderful to those who don't have a clue on where to begin when it comes to owning there own website. GDI offers those people this entire package:

- Own Domain Name
- Hosting
- Easy to use Website Builder
- Up to 10 email accounts
+
- Home based business - Income Opportunity.

If you don't know already about the GDI Product ( What I just listed ) and about it's Affiliate Income Opportunity I strongly suggest you start doing some research. Now I could just say, go ahead and so your own research or I can say ( would you just like to watch a video? ) If you are interested in knowing all there is to know about GDI's Product / Income Opportunity just head on over to my site ( It's a very simple site / kind of like a splash page site ) that offers you the ability to view the 3 most important tools that GDI offers to all it's affiliates. 1st being the Video Presentation. 2nd being there Income Calculator and 3rd being there Testimonials from people all over the world.

Now I didn't create this thread to advertise my site / or my affiliation with GDI but I felt it was only right to provide to the people interested in learning more about GDI and where to do there research. I'm here to give clear information to those who might be interested in knowing more about the .ws extension, who owns the .ws extension and what they offer.

I will be more the happy to answer any questions that you might have in regards to GDI, or the .WS extension.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this brief article about the .ws domain name and the company behind it.

Have a wonderful day,
Jeremy

Closed Thread