Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1778 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!

Thread title: MarketPlace Behaviour - Important, READ!
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
06-14-2007, 08:28 PM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old

Originally Posted by Bazza` View Post
Comments like what you and others were making do not help the seller at all. Telling freelancers to lower their prices is just plain rude and it's wrong to tell people their work is rubbish in a sale thread. If someone is trying to sell their work what gives anyone the right to come a long and rubbish it? It seriously harms the sellers chance of a sale, you wouldn't like it if you were selling something and somebody came along and said "don't buy that it's crap" would you?

Aside from all that to put it simply the MarketPlace is not there for "C&C" if you want to help people by giving out some tips then by all means give out all the advice you have but just do it in the Gallery Showcase were people actually want help. Posting negative comments in the MarketPlace is uncalled for and completely unnecessary.

As for comments such as "I wish I had the money" and "good luck with your sale" while we don't encourage those comments and least they are not trying to deter someones chances of a sale or trying to run down the prices within the MP.

You can feel free to express your opinion but just do it in an appropriate place, try to be a bit more professional about this.

Like I said, we are all freelancers here and we all need to look out for each other - negative comments in our MarketPlace helps nobody. Also as I mentioned to you at the time if you were unhappy with your ban and want to discuss please feel free to PM me

Again, even you state in here, ITS NOT FOR C&C, but YOU LET IT HAPPEN?

Why let one thing go one, with not letting the other side of it happen aswell? If you cant say 'Hey man, this honestly isnt worth 200$, Why not try to lower it?" But you can say "I wish I had the money" or "good Job" how is that any different?

'Hey man, this honestly isnt worth 200$, Why not try to lower it?" - Is NOT trashing his thread! I dont see how it is! Its constructive critissizcm, if ANYTHING its helping him, becuase MOST people at TFL know what things are worth, and no one would pay 200$ for a halfa** job..

-If you arent going to allow people to give help out like how I SEE It is, then I wouldnt get in trobule if I posted in every single thread in the market place saying "Good luck and good job" ?

By no means Bazza do I want to start an arguement, I just REALLY see wrong in this.

06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

I don't like / see the sense in the thread limit

06-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Steven Fergus is offline Steven Fergus
Software:

Steven Fergus is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by BrokenFaith View Post
Again, even you state in here, ITS NOT FOR C&C, but YOU LET IT HAPPEN?
Can't you see that's what he is trying to stop? It's the reason this thread was created, and the reason you were banned.

Why let one thing go one, with not letting the other side of it happen aswell? If you cant say 'Hey man, this honestly isnt worth 200$, Why not try to lower it?" But you can say "I wish I had the money" or "good Job" how is that any different?
Do you honestly thing that saying "Hey man, this honestly isnt worth 200$, Why not try to lower it?" and "good job" are the same? By telling someone their design (or any other product) is worth less than they think, if anything, is just plan rude. Whereas saying "Good job" or "Good work" is a compliment, and will encourage them to create more of that product.

One statement is positive and one is negative. Negative comments aren't wanted in the marketplace.

'Hey man, this honestly isnt worth 200$, Why not try to lower it?" - Is NOT trashing his thread! I dont see how it is! Its constructive critissizcm, if ANYTHING its helping him, becuase MOST people at TFL know what things are worth, and no one would pay 200$ for a halfa** job..
Just because you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean it isn't. After all, a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you think the price is too high, then maybe it is for you, but there could be someone who would willingly pay the price.

-If you arent going to allow people to give help out like how I SEE It is, then I wouldnt get in trobule if I posted in every single thread in the market place saying "Good luck and good job" ?
That would be pointless and immature.

06-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Steven Fergus View Post
That would be pointless and immature.
And just plain Spam. Broken your reasoning is horrid.

06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

You are missing the point entirely there....

To save the arguing lets just leave it at this and say that rules are rules and these rules are here to benefit the MarketPlace. As long as everybody abides by these rules there will be no further problems

I really didn't want to start a debate about this or anything I just want to try and highlight some rules that are being ignored. Big Zee and the staff are currently working on a new measure to help better enforce these rules which you may well see happen over the next week or so, so in the meantime lets just all try and follow the rules - thats all I ask

06-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Mark Bolyard is offline Mark Bolyard
Expertise:
Software:

Mark Bolyard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mark Bolyard

Old

As one of the "Elder" members here, I have to agree on the side of no comments unless it pertains to the sale. There is a Critique area on TalkFreelance, there is a General discussion area on TalkFreelance, why allow discussion that doesn't involve gaining more info regarding the sale, making an offer etc... at all. I posted a wordpress theme just the other day, and not 5 minutes went by before someone posted something along the lines of you'll be lucky to get your asking price"... then I IMed them on MSN, and they changed their comment to something more positive, but honestly I was so ****ed off that it didn't make things right.

I enjoy TF as a community, and I might not have 1000's of post, but I've been here almost daily to see everything that's been happening to the community. I've met some great members, been able to offer them some advice that I think has helped them grow as individuals and Freelancers / business people. There is no benefit to the seller to allow the commenting in the sales threads, other to get bumped and have their threads viewed more than perhaps a thread with no comments.

Sales threads that strike interest will get people asking questions, posting bids, etc... which will keep the "hot" items on top, and the "not so hot" items down on the thread list where they belong.

That's just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth, but I think a lot of people don't post their works here because of the commenting.... good or bad! You want to sell something, not read / get 20 notifications that someone posted "Great Design", "Good Luck", etc...

06-14-2007, 08:51 PM
BrokenFaith is offline BrokenFaith
Expertise:
Software:

BrokenFaith is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to BrokenFaith Send a message via MSN to BrokenFaith

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
And just plain Spam. Broken your reasoning is horrid.
Thats all anyone else ever does, look at people with under 200 or so posts, the majority of the posts are like that, They spam the forum, even if they dont think so, why not I?

06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Mark Bolyard View Post
As one of the "Elder" members here, I have to agree on the side of no comments unless it pertains to the sale. There is a Critique area on TalkFreelance, there is a General discussion area on TalkFreelance, why allow discussion that doesn't involve gaining more info regarding the sale, making an offer etc... at all. I posted a wordpress theme just the other day, and not 5 minutes went by before someone posted something along the lines of you'll be lucky to get your asking price"... then I IMed them on MSN, and they changed their comment to something more positive, but honestly I was so ****ed off that it didn't make things right.

I enjoy TF as a community, and I might not have 1000's of post, but I've been here almost daily to see everything that's been happening to the community. I've met some great members, been able to offer them some advice that I think has helped them grow as individuals and Freelancers / business people. There is no benefit to the seller to allow the commenting in the sales threads, other to get bumped and have their threads viewed more than perhaps a thread with no comments.

Sales threads that strike interest will get people asking questions, posting bids, etc... which will keep the "hot" items on top, and the "not so hot" items down on the thread list where they belong.

That's just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth, but I think a lot of people don't post their works here because of the commenting.... good or bad! You want to sell something, not read / get 20 notifications that someone posted "Great Design", "Good Luck", etc...
I agree with you but what you have to consider is it's a big task keeping a big MarketPlace clean, we can't always determine what posts are contributing to a sale thread or not. If someone makes a post saying "Looks nice, I'll think about it" 9 times out of 10 they probably are not going to think about it but the seller may still want to know that they might be interested.

As for posts like what you mentioned such as "Good luck" and "Looks nice", sure they are un-needed but atleast they are not damaging a sales thread like the negative comments are. We have to do things one step at a time and the negative comments have to be taken care of first and foremost as they are the ones that are really hurting the MarketPlace.

It's also the reason I'd personally like to see members take better care of their own threads by reporting posts that they don't want in their thread weather it's negative or spam. If the thread starter reports its or gives a shout to a member of staff then it will be taken care of

06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Mark Bolyard is offline Mark Bolyard
Expertise:
Software:

Mark Bolyard is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Mark Bolyard

Old

As for posts like what you mentioned such as "Good luck" and "Looks nice", sure they are un-needed but at least they are not damaging a sales thread like the negative comments are.
True, then again, those comments could be removed as they are crossed by staff, and no infractions issued since they were harmless. That would keep the thread cleaner. I realize post counts for members and forum owners are important, but it's not helping the forum to have 20,000 posts that are thanks, nice job, etc.... you know what I mean.

I think this thread is a good start, and perhaps as the forum grows and more staff is added, perhaps in the future that area will be better patrolled to make it a professional place to conduct freelance business.

06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thread closed - please just try and follow the rules everyone

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2