Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1687 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Seggustion, to the members

Thread title: Seggustion, to the members
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
10-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old  Seggustion, to the members

I would like to note that I made this while I was not a mod, so this isnt an order or anything.

Every forum has a time where the staff hits a conflict with the admins, there are 2 things we can do, leave or try to make it work. Lets try to make it work, as this forum is a beautiful community and marketplace. Dont leave, just bare with it and try to make things better, id be willing to bet they will. So what julian gave himself that status for his own ego, does it matter? It doesnt go past his thoughts, it gives him no more power so who gives a damn? I certianly dont. We needed more mods so we got more mods picked out of the more active and older members of this community. Im not saying dont voice yourself in the suggustions forum, do so, a forum needs its members voice to run well, just dont leave over this. Robsons leaving was over a staff conflict, I see no reason a member should leave over it as they know nothing first hand of the matter. If this forum dies, its your fault for leaving, not Big Zee's for being a little rude to the staff. Why dont we all just grow up and continue on this forum and make things better. I know I will.

10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

Please, get your facts right. Big Zee hasn't been rude to anyone.

Also, 3 words: Spelling; Paragraphs; Grammar.

10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
resolva is offline resolva
Software:

resolva is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to resolva

Old

In all honesty Indy its a forum, everything doesnt need to make perfect sense, and be grammatically correct.

He is putting his points forward, thats all.

c_programmer - Good that your staying

10-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Old

Please, get your facts right. Big Zee hasn't been rude to anyone.
From what I collected, Big Zee did a ton of fairly big stuff without even talking to the staff about it. Robson decided to leave about it, lauren went with him. Julian after leaving a few weeks ago, came back and got admin status then set his title to "Head Mod" where he was just another admin, clearly it was to boost his own ego. Correct me if im wrong in any of this

In all honesty Indy its a forum, everything doesnt need to make perfect sense, and be grammatically correct.
I know I am bad at spelling and grammer, I did bad back when a teacher was watching me.

10-17-2006, 03:10 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

lauren was fired not left. two completely different things. and julian set it to hed admin not head mod, read more buddy.

10-17-2006, 03:16 PM

Old

ok, so it looks like I have a few small mistakes in what went on, but I dont see it as a huge deal and reason to leave.

lauren was never on, frankly I dont know why she was staff. I got one word wrong on the title, so what. my points are still valid.

10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Ok let me correct you...

The only thing Big Zee did wrong is appoint Julian as "head" admin, Julian didn't appoint this position himself. I didn't leave because of Big Zee or any decisions he made personally, all his big decisions were run by Julian and nobody else.

Julian left the forum because of a major bust up with myself in the admin section, although he won't admit to that, this was over the "head" admin thing. But what they haven't told anyone is, he never actually left, he was working in "secret" for Big Zee, can you believe that? Both of those guys are over 30 years old and they're having secret operations! It's pathetic. So that whole spill about him leaving for time on his own and getting back to being a member was a load of bs to fool everyone!

Of course, a whole bunch of crap was caused when he left, a mess that myself and Bennett cleaned up. Then he comes straight back with Garrett (staff didn't have a say in either of the decisions) and he's "head" admin again....another decisions we didn't have a say in.

That's one of the main reasons I left, their relationship became too hard to work with, Big Zee was just talking to Julian about everything, he wasn't connecting with the other staff. Personally, I took that as an insult because I know the members here better than anyone else, I know what works and what doesn't, yet he felt Julian was the man for the job.

As for Lauren, Julian is going around saying I made her leave and all this crap...I had nothing to do with Lauren leaving, she left because she was thrown out by Julian (ANOTHER decision made without any consulation) you don't boot people off before talking to them first!

And one more thing...Blue Ire is the worst moderator, I have no idea why he is on the staff team, the way he spoke to me in the staff forum and the way he speaks to other people is completly unacceptable, if he continues to do this he won't be a moderator for much longer.

10-17-2006, 04:36 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

why was this started? it's nothing but regurgitation from the last 5 about this. can we stop this? this is why nothing changes. you have to move on first.

10-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

I think c_programmer makes some good points (except me being rude to staff ). Yes maybe I could have handled things better - probably a lot better, but I don't really think it had a great impact on anyone actually interested in using the forum for what its for .... posting and talking about freelancing (anyone??). I use a lot of websites and forums, but I use them to get information/help and I don't give a dam who's on the forums staff etc as long as I get the help and info I am looking for... ..

The main conflict with Rob and Julian was that one wanted more staff and the other didn't. I felt that the forum strongly needed more staff for various reasons (and I think many members also wanted more staff). Therefore I had to make a decision and I was more happy with Julians idea to take things forward by developing the site and bringing on more staff to help all round than just carry on as before.

I would have loved to keep both guys happy and on board, but I did think it was necessary to get more staff on board to progress, and I wanted someone to take this forward - hence Julian was obvious choice as head admin.

If any new mods don't do their jobs with responsibility and maturity they will be kicked off ... period, but you can only judge them after we have given them a chance.

I think we have made a positive move by bringing on new mods, however you can't please everyone..........

10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

people don't even know what they're complaning about. it's just paraphrase after paraphrase of someone else's opinion.

"why are you mad?"
"because i don't like julian"
"why don't you like julian?"
"because no one else does!"

my suggestion (it's probably aldready been discussed, but i haven't heard about it, so i'll reiterate if i must):

make a simple what do you want thread: users state plain and simple what they want out of the site, and you delete any posts that bring up the removing current staff or "i want robson back" posts, or any that question why their post was deleted. eventually they'll figure it out, if not, they'll just leave and it can't be much loss to the overall community... they're just dead weight if that won't sink in.

weed out useless people. that's what needs to be done.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >