Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 733 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Sigs n Fonts

Thread title: Sigs n Fonts
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
09-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire
Maybe I need the ability to lock my threads after my post.... they turn into flame wars.
I just think there are some people that feel it makes them look better to always be a "rebel." *Sigh*

The idea itself is great, I believe I had a thread last weekabout it, just haven't had a chance to advance it much lately.

09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
I just think there are some people that feel it makes them look better to always be a "rebel." *Sigh*

The idea itself is great, I believe I had a thread last weekabout it, just haven't had a chance to advance it much lately.
Would my size be allowed as I have no other text in it?

09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

i think its ridiculous the amount of rules you guys are throwing out there, geez your worse than the bush administration, im sorry but i have to say it. No sigs bigger than 468x60 or w.e, now no fonts that exceed a certain size, then banning if violating?

09-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by jjay
i think its ridiculous the amount of rules you guys are throwing out there, geez your worse than the bush administration, im sorry but i have to say it. No sigs bigger than 468x60 or w.e, now no fonts that exceed a certain size, then banning if violating?

Some of these have always been rules.

Honestly though, tell me the last 3 people who were EVER banned for a sig?

I really want to know what information your basing your assumptions on.

09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
jd. is offline jd.

Old

when bryan le and all them were banned for sigs? is it really that important? i mean come on just remove signatures completely if its such a big deal.

09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

No sigs bigger than 468x60 or w.e,
Yeah, your pretty dumb to say that. 1. Robson wanted it like that to annoy members and so they won't have them, 2. It would undermine the advertisements people pay to put on this site.

when bryan le and all them were banned for sigs? is it really that important? i mean come on just remove signatures completely if its such a big deal.
Another dumb comment. People use sigs to advertise their services and portfolios so they can get some extra money. If they were completely gone, not many people just look in the offers & requests forums, so they would be out of some money.

now no fonts that exceed a certain size, then banning if violating
Sorry, just realized how dumb this is too. If someone broke a rule on your forum, would you want them to get away with it? Let compare this to the real world, someone commits a crime, do the officers let it go no matter how trivial it is? No.

is it really that important?
Oops, another dumb one.. yes it is, if they let people get away with breaking the signature rules, they will eventually think that they can get away with other rules.

Originally Posted by Bennett
I'm a rebel. *rawr*

09-21-2006, 03:55 PM
jd. is offline jd.

Old

okay so people get banned for less, so what mod wants to ban andrew. i dont appreciate being called dumb for voicing my opinion on how ridiculous people are getting so twisted about the stupid rules on sigs and stuff here are.

09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

All these rules have been in place for the last 2 years....this is a suggestion for a new rule and we haven't even talked about it yet and people are calling us as bad as the bush administration? I agree font sizes shouldn't be very large but no way are we strict, people just blow things way out of proportion.

09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

I find it quite funny, it's the same members everytime that kick up a fuss over very little everytime too. I don't really see why, I guess it's cool to fight the power though so rock on!

Seriously, if this place was as strict as people make out we wouldn't even allow sigs and would ban people for even mentioning the notion of having sigs. We allow sigs, you can advertise in them, plug your sites, have meaningless quotes, whatever you want. All we ask is that you stick to the guidlines set - it's not too hard.

I wont say anymore on the matter though because it's pointless arguing over something so trivial. Lets just get on with it, this isn't the sort of place TalkFreelance is; we're a friendly, helpful community and thats the whole point of this place

09-21-2006, 04:56 PM
j-huskisson is offline j-huskisson
Expertise:
Software:

j-huskisson is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to j-huskisson Send a message via MSN to j-huskisson Send a message via Skype™ to j-huskisson

Old

Why don't you say 'your sig can be x pixels in height - including text' and stick to that?

It'd stop all this fuss...

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >