Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1696 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Are artist freelancers?

Thread title: Are artist freelancers?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
02-07-2006, 05:38 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old  Are artist freelancers?

i would think so.... so the idea is to create a special place for them in the forum....I see a lot of wannnabe and kids with photoshop but very rarely serious original design.
what is the point of using all the same template?
somebody had make the template originaly probably an artist if any good!
it is time to get to a mature level and recognise and credit the creators...
art does not get made by magic, you need magicians.
i am rambling because i am starving and i see all around me people wanted fancy good looking things and not wanted to pay for it!
what's wrong with this picture.the artist is not dead yet!
web design is becoming a missnomer, i went to school to learn a skill called design and it is not on the web, or very well hidden.

02-07-2006, 06:08 PM
secondmode is offline secondmode
Expertise:
Software:

secondmode is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to secondmode Send a message via MSN to secondmode

Old

I can hardly understand your spelling. I wouldn't believe for a second that you're 48 and went to art school, seriously.

02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by KmXc14
I can hardly understand your spelling. I wouldn't believe for a second that you're 48 and went to art school, seriously.
- Not everyone's first language is English.

02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Glanced over at the showcase to see what designs have been coming out and none of the ones I saw were using the same template... Would you mind showing me which ones are? By using the same template do you mean by using the same style?

Just wondering... you say you went to school to learn the skill called design. Now did you learn "design" before or after you made your website paulelie.com? I think the inconsitent page layout, different nav bar on every page, loaded with flash objects/animated .gif, hidden rollovers style died out ages ago.

Originally Posted by KmXc14
Here's what a little warning says on his site. It would explain why his grammar is bad.

Warning:I am french,speaking english in the states for 20 years... my grammar and punctuation are terrible.. How do i manage making web site? .... I hire a professional to correct my content.... My skills are visual art so please indulge me .. I am presenting visual ideas here..
Also...my page are heavy on the interactivity,,, so let your computer take a breath to make sure that you have everything loaded before you move your mouse around to trigger its actions ...Thanks.... better experienced with Mozilla firefox free browser

02-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by zprod69
I see a lot of wannnabe and kids with photoshop but very rarely serious original design.
There is almost no such thing as "original" nowdays. Original thought and ideas are a rareity now. If by original you mean "artistic" then I think you are in the wrong forum. You would have to find a niche art in web design forum for that.
Originally Posted by zprod69
what is the point of using all the same template?
somebody had make the template originaly probably an artist if any good!
it is time to get to a mature level and recognise and credit the creators...
art does not get made by magic, you need magicians.
i am rambling because i am starving and i see all around me people wanted fancy good looking things and not wanted to pay for it!
what's wrong with this picture.the artist is not dead yet!
web design is becoming a missnomer, i went to school to learn a skill called design and it is not on the web, or very well hidden.
No-one uses the same template here, they all follow conventions that are tried and true. The conventions are based upon extensive user studies with the web experience. If designs are similar then they are following the good web design rules, rules that keep visitors returning.

02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
zprod69 is offline zprod69
Expertise:
Software:

zprod69 is on a distinguished road

Old

thanks to all for your attention...
for some

specially about understanding that the US is not the center of the world ....and after all US is the fabrication of so many different cultures. over a long period of time.
so respect and compassion is in order.
another point about design.....

for impluo

>Now did you learn "design" before or after you made your website paulelie.com (I feel insulted what do you have to show for? what make such you a good judge to say things like that?)

if you think that design is define by consistency layout pages...

you are wrong design is define by its originality, its relevancy to fit the content and its usability.
not following trends but making them. Yes design is related to art.

and about rules...a good rule mean to be broken

never heard of that?
as long as you can see it on a browser and it brings something new to the pot as long as it is not boring ....I say why not?
imagine
so julian you are saying that this is not my place here?
that was my question.....in the thread title....are artist freelancers?
maybe you should change your title then because before freelancers they were artist doing the same job the same way....the fancy name does change the fact that we were here before a long time ago....
and we(artist) are still responsible for all the pretty things that you guys are surrender with and playing with...so a little respect is in order.
...I just put this subject up for discussion ,you prove to me that is was worth of some interrest and that some of us still need some thinking adjustment or at least to keep an open mind! .

In art school I never learned spelling in eather french or english KmXc14
are you the spelling police
Well suggest that they put a speell check online you would sleep better maybe?!

Paul.

02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Bas is offline Bas
Expertise: Frontend, vBulletin
Software: Coda, Photoshop

Bas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bas

Old

Are artist freelancers?
There are plenty artists doing freelance work. Most painters are freelancers.

02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
flez is offline flez
Expertise:
Software:

flez is on a distinguished road

Old

zprod,

Anybody can do websites that are original, but making them usable and aesthetic on top of that is way harder. Maybe your site is "original", but in no way it is usable and beautiful.

Yes artists can be freelancers, unfortunatly for you, this forum is mostly based on web site development (design, build and maintain). If you're looking for an art related forum, there are many on the web.

Gabriel

02-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Nirvana- is offline Nirvana-
Expertise:
Software:

Nirvana- is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by wikipedia
A freelancer or freelance worker is a self-employed person working in a profession or trade in which full-time employment is also common.
According to this particular description.... Then artists (paintbrushes and canvases) are not freelancers... Artists are artists; designers are artists... If you create art, you are an artist... Any visual representation can be deemed art.. The tipical artist, paintbrushes and canvases, is much different than the graphic designer.

Personally, you should clarify which kind of artist you are

02-09-2006, 03:29 AM
flez is offline flez
Expertise:
Software:

flez is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Nirvana-
According to this particular description.... Then artists (paintbrushes and canvases) are not freelancers... Artists are artists; designers are artists... If you create art, you are an artist... Any visual representation can be deemed art.. The tipical artist, paintbrushes and canvases, is much different than the graphic designer.

Personally, you should clarify which kind of artist you are
The painter (as you say) artist can also be a freelancer if he paints for someone else on contract, or if he sells his paintings.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >