Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1167 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

I want to start a home based business!

Thread title: I want to start a home based business!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
11-22-2009, 10:19 AM
mlboyle19 is offline mlboyle19
Software:

mlboyle19 is on a distinguished road

Old  Re:I want to start a home based business!

Originally Posted by frenny.gerry View Post
Hi all,
I’m new to this message board. I hope you will suggest me a right direction. Actually I have small budget and want to build a home-based service business at my own place but I am confused, what type of business I should start. Could you people suggest me for any business that could I do well and get more profits? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks!
There plenty possible ways you can use to start a good home based business that really works. A good business strategy you can use in the comfort of your own home. ALthough I honestly do not know how effective it would be but my friend did recommend it to me. He's been using a tool called live chat software from live247support.com and would might as well help those who are planning to embark in a home based business like yourself. I've read this blog when searching about few days ago and I hope you will also get more insight from it:

affiliatebusinessandstrategies.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/affiliate-home-business

I hope I'm able to give you a good idea and good luck to your endeavors!

Miley

11-23-2009, 07:13 AM
createwebworks is offline createwebworks
Software:

createwebworks is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by wconsultation View Post
In this case, I am not sure if you are ready to have a home-based business at all.. You should have an idea of what you want to do..
I agree with wconsultation. Assess your skills. Also, you must have at least love what you're doing because having a business from home is not an easy work to do.

04-09-2010, 12:05 AM
dcarmichael is offline dcarmichael
Expertise: Design / Photography /
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator

dcarmichael is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to dcarmichael

Old

I live in Las Vegas. I'm working on getting a very simple business license. Las Vegas has a service (Business Center of Nevada) which helps set people up with the correct type of business lic and also handles business lic transfers and such. I walked in, explained to a rep what I was interested in doing. She told me the correct county and state forms to fill out and suggested I keep it simple knowing that my web design business would not sell "tangible" goods, so I would only - need a "home business" license. The cost was under $300.00 as far as forms processing.
I guess my point is that if you’re not sure about what type of business from a “legal” perspective, check your local chamber of commerce and see if there are any similar resources in your area. Deciding what to do with your business is another topic.
I personally have a very good idea of what I want to do in my business..but was confused about things such as licensing and contracts. I’m working with a lawyer now to finalize my contract template and though that may not be required, It makes me feel better.

Thanks hope this helps!

04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
ChrisBarber-Riley is offline ChrisBarber-Riley
Software:

ChrisBarber-Riley is on a distinguished road

Old

It's not a case of what can I do to make money... it's what am I good at that people would need?

There's an endless list of things you can do... if you're having a little trouble try...
http://www.entrepreneur.com/businessideas/index.html

Develop your idea... example - if you want to sell sporting goods.

What makes you different? change it round a little... offer football lessons to kids once there parents buy something.

Got to a field and have a kick around with them for an hour... if you're not fit enough or cannot do that pay a family member or friend £20 to go and kick a ball around for 60mins.

It's all about the niche in the market... there might be a million companys that are just like yours but you need to think. How can I improve this without denting my profits in such a huge way?

I hope this makes sense, if you need further help or would like to discuss more possible business ideas send me a private message.

Regards,

Chris

04-12-2010, 02:41 PM
tklimson is offline tklimson
Expertise: SEO
Software: Firefox

tklimson is on a distinguished road

Old

Look for great leaders who will know how to train you to be successful. There are a lot of good companies out there, but without the proper leadership and guidance, you won't be successful at any of them. Look for a team of people that are skilled both in traditional offline marketing as well as highly skilled in the completely separate art of Internet Marketing. Learning these skills are vital to your success in whatever company you choose to get involved with.

Remember, people join people who they know, like and trust. Remember that, because that is how you will be able to build YOUR organization, once you choose an opportunity. Learn to be a leader, from a team of successful leaders and you will find your own success and wealth.

Good luck!

Todd Klimson

P.S. Beware those who pitch their opportunities to you and try to convince you that they have the BEST business, as this is a good indication that they don't know how to market successfully, and therefore, won't be able to teach you either.

05-03-2010, 12:49 PM
adam84 is offline adam84
Software:

adam84 is on a distinguished road

Old

First look in which area you are good at,,,,then gather knowledge regarding that is there any one near you is in the same type of business or not???????????

<MOD NOTE: Signatures must be setup through user profile and not manually added to posts.>

05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
websitedesign is offline websitedesign
Expertise:
Software:

websitedesign is on a distinguished road

Old

It's a very long term plan but you could always get into website design, programming, internet marketing and related business.

Start a blog, build it up, throw on adsense or CPA and keep building.

You would likely only be making $0-$10/month to start off but once you find a niche and own it the profits are endless (lots of hard work)

07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
JonasHastings is offline JonasHastings
Software:

JonasHastings is on a distinguished road

Old

Since you are here in the freelancers site, I am assuming you are into internet marketing and in that case I would suggest you create an SEO company.You could start as a one-man team and hopefully in no time you would be able to get good clients and start hiring other people.

07-22-2010, 10:21 PM
whateverdood is offline whateverdood
Expertise: tech god
Software:

whateverdood is on a distinguished road

Old

Best advice I can think to give you is ... USE YOUR EYEBALLS, LOOK AROUND. Average person ( here in the US ) Gets hit with 5,000 advertisements a dy. Do any of those business fields, feel interesting ? Next take out your local phone bk ... and start paging through it. Any category of business that catches your eye. Would advise making a note of it. And doing further investigating on that type of business.

Fire up your favorite search engine and do some reasonable searches. ie: "best home based business ideas" +your area etc. Several variations.

But bottomline in this ... is nobodies going to be able to give you the right answer dood. U know your interests, skills and finances. My advice would be something webbased though. For alot of obvious reasons ... One suggestion of possible interest. Would be look into affiliate programs. ( affiliate marketing )

Hope it helps eh. Might sound lame, but it comes down to you dood. If you really want to do something. You wont quit until its done. Gd lk, so forth.

07-23-2010, 05:20 AM
slavingia is offline slavingia
Software:

slavingia is on a distinguished road

Old

I would not work from the same room where you play. It's good to have a gap. Personally, I like having an office as I get out of the house and then I can stay out and have fun doing things like going to the gym before coming home again.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >