Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 461 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Hosting accounts sharing

Thread title: Hosting accounts sharing
Closed Thread    
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
adrive is offline adrive
Expertise:
Software:

adrive is on a distinguished road

Old  Hosting accounts sharing

Hello.

I have a some blogs to support my niche (e.g. http://slovakian-news.com). I host it for now on my own server, but I want to move them do different IP (because of SEO).

This blogs will not eat much resources and few webspace will be enough, therefore I tried many free web hostings, but no one fit my needs (the most frequent missing thing was .htaccess).

As there are many "oversell" hostings around I thought about to buy some. But I will need more than one hosting if I want to have all blogs on different IP. But I won't spend money on many hosting accounts. Therefor I am thinking about "oversell" hosting account sharing. As they are giving a lot of databases, ftp accounts, unlimited domains and a lot of space and traffic, there should be hosted more blogs on one account. So if there is somebody who will be interested in the same thing, we should each buy different hosting account and share it.

Please, let me know whether is this a good idea or rubish, and if you will be interested about it.

05-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Randy is offline Randy
Software:

Randy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Randy

Old

I highly recommend you do not go with an oversell of services as it tends to cause your website to have issues when users find out they don't have as much space as promised. If you want some good hosts I do recommend you purchase from EarnersHost.com or LogicWeb.com.

Best Regards,
Randy Cram

05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
adrive is offline adrive
Expertise:
Software:

adrive is on a distinguished road

Old

Hello Randy, I do not want to buy a hosting company and "oversell". I want just to buy a hosting account, and share it with somebody interested. I need only few of the capacity oversell webhosting are offering. I do not want to buy hosting for each of my blog. Therefor I am looking for someone who will be interested and want share his hosting account.

05-12-2008, 01:57 AM
ePhase Networks is offline ePhase Networks
Software:

ePhase Networks is on a distinguished road

Old

I see. I don't know how many offers your going to get to partner up and split the costs of a hosting account.

Especially since accounts are relatively cheap now.

But as recommended, you pay for what you get and companies that offer more than possible will generally give you headaches.

05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
lorelei is offline lorelei
Software:

lorelei is on a distinguished road

Old

I recommend a 100% reseller account from a company like Utropicmedia.net which won't give you headaches I'm sure as all their processes in their reseller plans are CMMi certified, and they give you the opportunity to increase the CPU level once your clients' needs grow.

05-14-2008, 07:53 AM
sphere is offline sphere
Software:

sphere is on a distinguished road

Old

I think what adrive wants is looking as many web sites as possible with unique ip address in each site and each of that site has a backlink to slovakian-news.com. So if he go with reseller account, he must purchase unique ip for his unique website and it cost more money. Well, perhaps buy a block of ips cost cheaper.

I think it's good idea since quality won't matter because you only expected visitors to your main site, right?

05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
mackad is offline mackad
Software:

mackad is on a distinguished road

Old

Utropicmedia.net may be good as one of their datacenters are in Prague.

05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
ibizstartups is offline ibizstartups
Software:

ibizstartups is on a distinguished road

Old

I'd highly recommend that you simply obtain a reseller account. They are madly cheap these days.

05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
dahlia is offline dahlia
Software:

dahlia is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by mackad View Post
Utropicmedia.net may be good as one of their datacenters are in Prague.
I think that Czeck Republic (Prague) and Slovakia (Bratislava) are slightly different countries, though they are very close to each other.

But generally Utropicmedia.net offer with multiple domain hosting and off-site backup feature is ok. I think you may look for their discounts as well to save a little bit on the costs.

05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
travolta is offline travolta
Software:

travolta is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by LancerTM View Post
Only one company coming in mind: ******.net. They are cheap and not oversold web host.
Which services do you mean from ******.net? Shared or dedicated servers?
I have seen one more interesting feature from them - a possibility to have a proxy and VPN account.

Closed Thread