Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1674 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Flash and Actionscript :

Getting rid of frames

Thread title: Getting rid of frames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-30-2008, 04:54 PM
bbeckford is offline bbeckford
Software:

bbeckford is on a distinguished road

Old  Getting rid of frames

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to be posting this question...

I've been designing sites using Flash & HTML for a number of years now, my most recent completions being:

www.andersonchiles.com
www.janegreer.co.uk
www.emotionalfreedom-training.co.uk

My main method of design is a nice animated nav/title bar header made in flash that sits in a frame at the top, and then HTML pages that sit in a frame below, see www.emotionalfreedom-training.co.uk for example.

It is only recently that I see that frames really aren't a good idea, and I should be using something like PHP include for my flash headers etc.

But the problem is that I don't understand how I can include a flash header that has a preloader and an opening animation for example, that when it change pages doesn't go through the start up procedure everytime.

So I visit the site, it loads and then displays a quick intro anim such as the buttons flying in etc, and then I click a link on the navbar. How do I stop the flash header from starting all over again on the next page? Is there a standard method for this that my google searches are missing or am I going about this the completely wrong way to begin with??

Thanks a lot,
-bbeckford