Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 993 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

Logo Design Pricing

Thread title: Logo Design Pricing
View Poll Results: How do you charge for logo design?
Hourly 1 11.11%
Flat rate 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM
bailly inlay is offline bailly inlay
Expertise:
Software:

bailly inlay is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to bailly inlay

Old

defiantly go for the flat rate. but always make sure you state the rate before starting a project.

06-24-2009, 05:29 AM
griffinsdesigns.com is offline griffinsdesigns.com
Expertise: Front-end Web Developer
Software: Flash & Dreamweaver.

griffinsdesigns.com is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to griffinsdesigns.com

Old

Someone already has a thread of this topic.

07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
mstrock is offline mstrock
Expertise:
Software:

mstrock is on a distinguished road

Old

IMO I think $400 is very fair if it's a clean well thought out design. I have charged more and have charged less. I usually supply them with various formats and a 300dpi for print.

08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
mandoz is offline mandoz
Software:

mandoz is on a distinguished road

Old

Definitely flat rate! Clients normally need to know exactly how much they'll be paying for their logo beforehand

08-10-2009, 02:13 PM
sujith127 is offline sujith127
Expertise:
Software:

sujith127 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to sujith127 Send a message via Skype™ to sujith127

Old

A st price always work for Logo designs. I normally charge from US$ 150 - $400 depends on the complexity of the logo and concept.

08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
madihrb is offline madihrb
Software:

madihrb is on a distinguished road

Old

some do that for $90-$400

09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
acjnas is offline acjnas
Expertise:
Software:

acjnas is on a distinguished road

Old

I usually dont go over $100

09-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Kayla is offline Kayla
Expertise:
Software:

Kayla is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I used to think flat rate, but as I work with more clients, I find an hourly rate is better. When working with a client I find some are incredibly indecisive and others love one of the few drafts you pull out. That's the case for any sort of design field, of course, but logo design just seems to have that to an extreme.

Plus, some clients want more polishing which always takes longer. I always spend much of the time on the first few set of drafts, and will make over 100 just by providing those, so I don't feel I'm underpaid. Overall they come out to be 200-400 dollars, about the price of any fixed price logo.

09-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Norebbo is offline Norebbo
Software:

Norebbo is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree - I don't work on a flat-rate basis. Only hourly, because I don't want to get stuck working with an indecisive client when I can be working on other profitable projects. It's happened to me too many times in the past, and I've learned from my mistakes.

09-19-2009, 04:55 PM
BuckTaylor is offline BuckTaylor
Expertise:
Software:

BuckTaylor is on a distinguished road

Old

I agree with most of what’s being said here with a few exceptions. I charge a flat rate with a set number of concepts and revisions. This helps clients be more decisive with their requested changes because they understand if they go over they will be charged more.

I generally don’t give the client more then 3 to 5 concepts at a time. I have found that giving them more choices at the start actually makes their decision harder rather then easier. It’s like going to the store, if you go to buy a particular product and there’s a large variety of the same product it’s harder to make a choice because you end up liking more then just one. With your logo designs, you’re asking your client to narrow it down from how ever many you conceptualized to one and this becomes more difficult the more choices they have. If the client doesn’t like any of the first set of concepts this can actually be a good thing. Now you can find out what it is they don’t like which can give you better direction in your next set of concepts. This will save you time and effort especially when dealing with clients who don’t know what they want.

As far as Pricing go’s, this really depends on the client, the type of logo, and the foreseen exposure of the logo. In most cases, for smaller established companies and new start up companies I charge $450 to $700. For larger corporations, high exposure projects, and time sensitive situations I’ve charged up to $3500. If you are good at what you do and you offer excellent quality designs don’t be afraid to charge more, it adds value to your designs. I just recently finished a logo redesign for a large corporation that paid me $2700. I was talking with the CEO who had decided to hire me and I asked him why he chose me because I know there was another designer they were considering at the beginning. He told me, other then the quality of work shown in my portfolio, the main factor was the other designers quote was way to low and they didn’t take him seriously. Larger companies aren’t afraid of big numbers so don’t be afraid to quote them big numbers. A logo is not just another fly by the night design; it is the face of the company you are designing. It will be on the web, all their print media, commercials, and billboards. The complicity of the design does not determine the cost but the use of the design does.

One more thing I’d like to say based off some of the comments I’ve read here. All logo designs should start out as CMYK Vector based. After which if you need to do a few alterations for the web that’s fine but you should always design a logo with the idea that it can be large enough to go on a billboard and small enough to go on a business card. If you just design a logo with a high 300dpi that’s not good enough; anything raster based just limits what you can do with it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >