Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 724 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Layout feedback

Thread title: Layout feedback
Closed Thread    
02-05-2008, 06:32 PM
<!--Ryan--> is offline <!--Ryan-->
Expertise:
Software:

<!--Ryan--> is on a distinguished road

Old  Layout feedback

Hello,
Please can I have some feedback on a layout that I have been working on, IamAdam has already given me some good feedback but I am looking for other people opinions.

Please be kind this is my sixth layout.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4...oshopv1bi9.jpg

02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
erikm is offline erikm
Expertise:
Software:

erikm is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to erikm

Old

I think it looks good, maybe instead of links for categories, you could make buttons?

02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
jam3Z is offline jam3Z
Expertise:
Software:

jam3Z is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jam3Z

Old

yeh i like the colour scheme, but like erikm said maybe have some buttons in the navigation!

02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Alex Eyre is offline Alex Eyre
Expertise:
Software:

Alex Eyre is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Alex Eyre

Old

Few quick points; Text inputs in my opinion need making a bit bigger, for some reason the site appears crammed which can be taken two way either that it is packig alot of information (good) or is cluttered - i can't make up my mind, Colors look okay maybe bland but formal, I think the borders would look better on the navigation toned down.
On the other hand the layout works, flows nicely and the icons are nice

Alex

02-06-2008, 02:40 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

you've committed grid blasphemy all throughout this. you have misalignments in everything.

top to bottom:
  • your top links look awful. separate from being too cramped, they're right aligned, so they break past the right column into the left, only they don't align to anything. if you left aligned them you'd give them more breathing room and they'd at least be contained to 1 side of the column split.
  • the search bar isn't big enough to line up to any specific point in the column - there's no reason not to extent it to either th 50% mark of the right column, or just align with it completely.
  • the logo doesn't align to anything either. it's too thin to line up to the 50% line of the left column and it looks too big to line up as a 1/3 alignment. this affects the welcome text.
  • while the login aligns with the right column's content, the point on the rss icon throws it off balance because it shows a direct line of sight/ it's also the closer element. the inputs also cut off at another arbitrary alignment. why don't they extend all the way to the edge of the column?
  • your advertisement grid is a mess. there should be a consitent margin value around all 4 sides of the boxes. they're spaced equally in relation to each other, but in relation to their surroundings nothing lines up. they should line up with the copy. and the split up the middle should be in line with the 50% line of the right column.
  • you're footer just threw the grid right out the window. the body and header look to be aligned in 5ths - 3/5 for the left column, 2/5 for the right. the footer is in 6ths.

everyone hates tables, but honestly the css revolution has thrown up on web design. good structure and layout works within the function of a table. your columns work on rational fractions and everything aligns.

i honestly can't look past the alignment issues to talk about anything else.

Closed Thread