Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 994 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

HELP PLEASE - Windows or Linux - ASP OR PHP

Thread title: HELP PLEASE - Windows or Linux - ASP OR PHP
05-23-2012, 03:30 PM
CSDesigns is offline CSDesigns
Software:

CSDesigns is on a distinguished road

Old  HELP PLEASE - Windows or Linux - ASP OR PHP

Hello,

I am a new web designer, looking for the best best Web Programming & Best Web Hosting Services.

What do you all prefer ASP or PHP?
And do you prefer Linux or Windows Hosting?

I would like to also build a WordPress website and was wondering if anyone could recommend Web Building Software that will create WordPress Sites easily like perhaps Artisteer or Turbo Flex Pro Theme Master?

Once I grasp the whole thing, I will then be able to proudly state I am a freelancer

I have used dreamweaver before and was wondering can one create WordPress Pages with Dreamweaver as well?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you!

05-24-2012, 08:12 AM
handsonhosting is offline handsonhosting
Expertise: Web Hosting, Servers
Software: Notepad

handsonhosting is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

With regards to ASP or PHP hosting, Linux or Windows, this really depends on what it is that you're going to be doing. If you're running .NET applications, then you'll want to be on Windows. If you're targeting PHP, then Linux does the job perfectly. It's like asking should I buy a car or a truck - they both will get you to your destination, but they're designed for different tasks.

Personally, I'm a Linux guy when it comes to servers. I do use a Windows computer for my personal stuff (as well as Linux - Ubuntu), but most of the software I use is Windows based products.

I was actually talking to a designer buddy just yesterday as I was looking at converting some HTML site templates to Wordpress and he highly recommended Artisteer. I'd never heard of it until yesterday. I downloaded a demo, but have yet to play with it.

I've never used Dreamweaver for designing Wordpress sites. I guess it could be done. I know that in recent versions of Dreamweaver, Adobe placed some extra things for Joomla and Wordpress into the software to help making coding easier, and coding syntax easy to find and use. I often use Dreamweaver from a coding end due to the color coding that it displays, but that's about as far as I use it for these days.

Thanked by:
CSDesigns (05-28-2012)