Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1919 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products :

Looking for coder to work alongside on a notes/learning website [high reach]

Thread title: Looking for coder to work alongside on a notes/learning website [high reach]
06-26-2011, 06:54 PM
cribnotesmaster is offline cribnotesmaster
Software:

cribnotesmaster is on a distinguished road

Old  Looking for coder to work alongside on a notes/learning website [high reach]

Hey everyone on TF,

My name is Dave, and I have decided to go with the alias cribnotesmaster this time around on talkfreelance. A few years ago I used to design graphics and offer services on TF, also on digitalpoint, sitepoint and various other sites.

I have always enjoyed graphic work as a freelance artist, but I decided to pursue a new area of expertise. That being accounting and anything related to business whether it be finance, economics, statistics, politics, contracts, and regulatory change.

I am a student currently pursuing my CA designation or what may be known as a CPA designation within the states. As I study full-time I have had the opportunity to work also as a facilitator and tutor for subjects like finance, financial or managerial accounting.

While working, I have had Students ask me whether I can do private tutoring. I usually cannot sacrifice the time on a one-to-one basis so I generally decline. What I do try and offer is any decent resource for accounting to help act as a learning supplement. If anyone is familiarized with the Khan Academy, they have a great collection of tutorials for finance/stats/mathematics and so on. But none for Accounting, which is why I wanted to make a website that provides tutorials for Accounting subjects.

It would include questions, answers, tutorials, examples, diagrams and so on. This site would be driven immensely by the quality of the tutorials, not by a "cool" design, or monetizing features.

There is a huge reach for accounting students, and with accounting being pushed into international standards and cross compatibility between countries this website could have a tremendous reach.

For these reasons I have decided to go ahead and develop this website.
I was going to call it www.cribnotes.ca

The coding will not be grueling, and any hours contributed will surely be given recognition.

PM me if you might be interested or if you just want to get a better understanding of the project. Look forward to working with one of you.

- Dave