Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1388 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

****ing godaddy!

Thread title: ****ing godaddy!
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

I dont get what all the complaints are about, godaddy is the cheapest in the business, im not sure what you expect besides crap.

06-28-2007, 02:31 PM
chaka42 is offline chaka42
Expertise:
Software:

chaka42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

Originally Posted by jloo
You guys just dont get it do you..

All of these comments have been based around me not understanding that i obviously should register a domain then sign up.

I don't want to Register a domain! I never did! I Bought a domain from Craddock (If you actually bothered to read my post!!)

I didn't want to buy a domain! I wanted an account, so Craddock could forward his domain to mine! - Why should i have to BUY a domain, in order to have an account?..

So read! people! before you even begin to type.
Not exactly. I'll speak for myself in this instance, but I was simply inquiring as to why you would need to register with GoDaddy at all. Like most domains, you would simply send a domain transfer from your particular registrar to GoDaddy. There is absolutely no need to register with GoDaddy at all.

In terms of folks liking or not liking GoDaddy, it simply boils down to personal preference. And I for one have never had an issue with them. In fact, minor issues I've run into were my fault. Funny how that works.

06-28-2007, 05:11 PM
George is offline George
Expertise: UI Design, Web Design
Software: All Adobe

George is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to George

Old

It's not the cheapest, NameCheap is and provides such a much better service.

06-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Charllie is offline Charllie
Software:

Charllie is on a distinguished road

Old

There is a fee you have to pay when transferring domains to a different supplier.

So i just decided to sign up instead of paying the fee, which i didn't at the time have in my paypal.

06-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to chaka42 Send a message via MSN to chaka42 Send a message via Skype™ to chaka42

Old

I've never had to pay to transfer a domain. Is your registrar charging to do it?

06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Charllie is offline Charllie
Software:

Charllie is on a distinguished road

Old

Coming from someone who's 'been a great fan of GoDaddy for the past years and never had any problems' - you didn't notice that they have a charging fee of something like $2.89 or something..

06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I don't see a fee for transferring a domain to another registrar, only transferring to GoDaddy. Can you send a link?

Normal procedure is to have Craddock unlock the domain. Then you submit a domain transfer request via your registrar. A request will be made to Craddock via email. Once he approves the transfer, it's done. We've done this many times for our clients and not once was there a mention of payment to GoDaddy for doing so. Only by the registrar the domain is being transferred to.

06-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Many registrars offer free 'transfers' between their customers (eg, GoDaddy → GoDaddy) and charge for incoming transfers from other registrars (NameCheap → GoDaddy). If you're the person holding the domain and wishing to give it to someone else, there's generally not a charge to you.

06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Thanks Salathe...that's what I was trying to say.

06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
TheCodeNinja is offline TheCodeNinja
Software:

TheCodeNinja is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I dont get what all the complaints are about, godaddy is the cheapest in the business, im not sure what you expect besides crap.
I wouldn't call it crap, really. It is pretty cheap, but I've never had a problem with them. When I registered my first domain, I actually got a call the next day making sure that I wasn't having any problems...I've never received that kind of customer service from an online company before. Plus I've bugged their 24/7 support several times at 3 AM or so, and received quick help from nice, native English speaking tech reps.

I haven't ever used another registrar, so I don't know what to compare against, but I definitely wouldn't call GoDaddy crap.

Back on topic: the fact that a register button's missing from the main page is kind of lame, but considering their main audience will register when they buy a domain, it's not that unreasonable - as other people have already mentioned

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >