Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1294 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Hardware Discussion :

Front Row for PC

Thread title: Front Row for PC
Closed Thread    
03-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Xi0s is offline Xi0s
Expertise:
Software:

Xi0s is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xi0s

Old  Front Row for PC

Hey,

Im looking at setting up a coding/design team to produce a version of Mac's Front Row for PC domain.

I know there are other media center programs out, and they just arnt good enough. The best PC media center program, is microsofts one, however i still feel that an amalgamation of the PC style of options and functionality, with the Front Row style and simple controls could be acheived for the best media center experience.

Personally, I will run the project and make sure people keep in check, also i will run the website and produce a media remote (using either bluetooth which is what i would prefer, or i might have to go for a usb reciever design). However I do need a few people to help with this production:

- Designer, possibly slight animation
- Programmer(s), either C++ or VB or any other acceptable desktop language.

This wont be paid up front work, however i feel this program will be an investment, as the demand for media center PC's increases, a standalone simple install-and-go program, taht isnt MS' XP Media Center, which has a whole host of requirements etc, should be quite popular. And of course when we do eventually sell this package, the money will be divided equally between the people who put the work in to produce it.

I hope this can spark up some interest from some people .

Xi0s.

03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ShowShifter ?

Unless you've an excellent background and track record you'll have a hard time finding anyone to work on 'your project" everyone has ideas of their own.... and if you want to finance it, expect to spend a bare minimum of 50k to have it done right.

03-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Xi0s is offline Xi0s
Expertise:
Software:

Xi0s is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xi0s

Old

Yeh show shifter is off market atm, and beyond media hasnt got good graphics. I might go for a beyond media edit, but im just seeing if there is interest.

03-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Jamie is offline Jamie
Software:

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds like a great idea and i completely agree with the lack of a good "media center" program for PC systems.

However going a little off of what Blue Ire has said, you'll probably have a hard time finding people to be willing to participate around here in this project. Also I can see this being a heavy investment as well, maybe not 50k, but a good chunk of money with ease.

Good luck with your project.

Closed Thread