Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1635 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Average forum startup costs?

Thread title: Average forum startup costs?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-10-2006, 01:08 PM
dojo is offline dojo
Expertise: Wordpress, web design
Software: Photoshop, Crimson Editor

dojo is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, I started a forum with ZERO money and then put some more investment in it. Not all people can throw 1000 USD for a forum to be started that;s for sure.

I had a free host for 6 months and then got to a domain and paid hosting. I think I should have started on the domain from the first moment, but that's long gone.

used phpBB with a very modded skin and I got a VB license for free after helping a friend from the states with a forum she has. After doing some web design she wanted to pay me: I asked for a VB owned license to be bought for my main forum and here I am.

All the branding is mine and theme modding. I pay 30 USD a month for Adwords, but I think I'm gonna leave this out and focus on content and members instead of paying for this traffic. Already have tripled my traffic, so I am OK.

so .. I think I have some smaller prices in the end. anyway ... couldn't afford more. I don't even earn 1000 USD a month (I need 3 months to have this money and I also need to pay some bills).

anyway ... good resources