Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1170 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Designs, Templates, Skins :

★★★ Amazing 3 Page Web 2.0 Template ★★★

Thread title: ★★★ Amazing 3 Page Web 2.0 Template ★★★
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
03-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Yes I do. The biggest joke is Aftermath selling designs for $200. He starts threads on here but never sells for over $100.

He has the largest e-ego I have ever seen.
Actually Aftermath doesn't have a big ego, he's very down to earth and a lovely guy to work with. Everyone would put there work up here for a considerably high price and then drop it if it doesnt get any interest, who would put something on here at a complete rock bottom price to start with, unless there looking for a quick sale?

Originally Posted by Sled View Post
Has no one ever noticed that Aftermaths work is based on Anthonys? So why are you guys complaining about this? Because he doesn't have 2000 posts like him, and he admits he was inspired by his work?
Also to all of those bashing Aftermath, claiming all his designs are based on Anthony's you are so wrong. Yes, I know at one point some designs were hugely insired by Anthony, but they were very few, maybee a lack of inspiration at one point led to it. But now all of the recent work of his that I have seen is very original, and I can tell Anthony design from and Aftermath design straight away, completely different styles.

Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Look at digitalpoint for example, full of little kid's that think $20 is a really good price for a template coded in valid xhtml and css, seriously It's becoming a joke now.
And actually I believe that Patrick spends his whole life on digital point buying and selling things for $20 or so.

03-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Patrick is offline Patrick
Expertise: Java/C#/C++ Programmer
Software:

Patrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Saulie View Post
And actually I believe that Patrick spends his whole life on digital point buying and selling things for $20 or so.
Wrong as usual from you. I happen to hire Rick for all my work, the guy you people say is "inspired" too much.

03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Wrong as usual from you. I happen to hire Rick for all my work, the guy you people say is "inspired" too much.
I could have sworn I saw you gloating about you having 8k+ posts on digitalpoint and having a quick flick through your posts on tf all you seem to be interested is $5 proxy designs. Assuming I'm wrong, which i can be, everyones human, care to explain the 'wrong as usual from you' part?

Anyway, putting all of that to one side I can't believe you are trying to justify someone who is openly saying he rips peoples work, but that's alright, because he charges less than them, right?

03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

Sad to see how horrible some designers are making this industry out to be. Then again, there's a market for cheap imitators, and there's a market for true designers and REAL businessmen and webmasters who understand the fundamentals of a strong design that is both completely original, and creative.

Unfortunately, it seems this thread is filled with some people who will most likely NEVER be the best at what they do because they settle for second hand, unoriginal, work.

What you are calling "inspiration" is incorrect. It is stealing. It is the same thing as pirating. You are basically doing what bootleggers do - you're taking a brand, a style, a fashion, whatever it may be, and producing the same results for half the price. What you have is a knock off - you will never have the real deal. And if that's okay with you - then so be it. But until you realize and value a designer's time, and creativity, I doubt you will make it. And I dare you to challenge that statement. You may make a few bucks in the short run, but true success doesn't stem from this.

My friend, you have a lot to learn about this industry before you should EVER consider yourself a designer. And your clients, unfortunately, are no better than that. And for either group to try and justify their actions, in my opinion, is both ridiculous and pathetic at the same time.

I'm happy to say that I'll never ever do business with anyone like that. I value my work, and my time, and I respect my clients. Anyone asking me to "clone" or replicate a style automatically goes to the trash bin.

As for James, I'm sorry that you're work is being ripped off. In my opinion, this is a sign that means you need to move on. Expand your horizons and styles, and let the imitators come and go. It'll happen. It's unfortunate that people will do this, but understand that for every one of these cheapo's, there's a legitimate client/company out there waiting to find a designer.

So keep your head up.

03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old

I have an opinion. Because this opinion is shared by a number of people it must most certainly be fact.

For those who, as always, don't get it:

You are full of **** if you think there is a correct answer to the legitimacy of inspired work.

I'll be the first to admit... I'm full of ****.

03-24-2008, 06:41 PM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

This is a sales thread, not a thread for discussion on who rips designs and what prices designs should be sold for. In the future please follow the rules, next time people will be given an infraction. I won't be taking this lightly the next time, infractions will be given to everyone.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4