Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1126 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Please help Evil Clients!!!

Thread title: Please help Evil Clients!!!
Closed Thread    
08-29-2008, 01:55 PM
mznatalie is offline mznatalie
Software:

mznatalie is on a distinguished road

Old  Please help Evil Clients!!!

Hello I have never posted here before but i figured Ive give it a shot. Back in May I did a website for a Car dealership I never collected a deposit never signed a contract (I know terrible) Well bottom line they have been using the site for almost 3 months.. They have listed all of the cars from the dealership on there and even advertise the site I did on autotrader.com and tell people to fill out the credit application that I DID!! Every time i talk to them its a different excuse and they say they promise to pay. Once the owner had a baby the next month the co-owner had a baby. Now I dont know what other excuse they are going to give me. Oh I forgot to mention in the meantime I have added additional features to the site that they requested because i felt that if i did take them to court that they cant say that I refused to do something or that they weren't happy with my work.. Do i have a case even though I do not have a contract??? I have saved all of my emails from them and we did have a verbal agreement and in a few emails they did say that they would pay soon but never did and how much they love the site..

PLEASE HELP

08-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not sure if you have a case. However threatening to take them to court may help a bit. It'll definitely be cheaper than consulting with a lawyer first.

I hope you get your money.

08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
ArTsYwRiTeR is offline ArTsYwRiTeR
Expertise:
Software:

ArTsYwRiTeR is on a distinguished road

Old

What if they call your bluff? Good luck.

09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
ProServ is offline ProServ
Expertise:
Software:

ProServ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ProServ

Old

Threatening court action wouldn't solve your problem. The only court that would hear your case would be a small claims court. That's not worth your time.

Have you made a trip to the dealership to speak with the owner? I'm sure there's a way to get in touch with them.

Closed Thread